Chapter 23

A month had passed by since Talia first came to the Black house. Although she was never able to sleep much at night, the kids had been able to take her mind off things.

Hermione would help Talia with the work that she had to catch up on, and the two started reading on their work for next year, to get a head start. Ginny would talk to Talia about all sorts before they went to bed, while Hermione was talking to Ron about the Order. The twins would cheer Talia up if she wasn't able to sleep by getting her to help them with pranks. There was also Molly who let her help with the cooking, and everyone had to help with cleaning up the house to make it seem less, well, gloomy.

Although all this company was great for Talia, she did miss Draco. She hadn't been able to send him any other letters other than the first night she was there as she realised he couldn't actually know where she was. Of course Draco was pissed when he found out he wasn't able to communicate back to her. He assumed that she regretted kissing him or something so she moved far away so he couldn't reach her. How could he be so stupid?

While Talia had people who helped her take her mind of things, Draco had quite the opposite. His father was out everyday, he was told that it was for business, and his mother preferred him staying home to keep her company. She didn't mind when he visited Talia at the beginning of the summer because she had hoped that Draco merely had a little crush that would die down. And by the way he was acting, it seemed that it did die down. When it in fact hadn't. He still liked her, a lot. She had some sort of effect on him that made him sappy and soft. Well thank god she's gone now, because he couldn't have gone back to school acting like her little bitch. If Talia knew how he felt right now she would assume he was being dramatic and give him time. But Draco didn't understand how dramatic he could be, and believed everything he was saying to himself was 100% correct. The only thing that didn't make the rest of his summer so miserable was what the Daily Prophet was saying about Potter. Finally, not everyone was kissing up to Potter's feet, he knew he wasn't worth all that.

Back in the Black house, Talia was sitting in her room, a book in hand with Ginny sitting next to her, trying to finish all her schoolwork that she hadn't done throughout the summer.

"There's another meeting today, if you want to come and listen," Ginny asked, stretching from hunching over her work.

Talia giggled, seeing her trying to hide her discomfort from that awful position she was sitting in, "I think you should concentrate on your work rather than-"

She was interrupted by someone in Ron's room. The two girls looked at each other, about to shrug it off and assume it was Ron shouting at the twins, but it continued.

"WHO HAD TO GET PAST DRAGONS AND SPHINXES AND-"

"Is that Harry?" Ginny asked no one in particular.

The two girls got up and slowly walked to the door, trying to hear more to find out who exactly was screaming.

"FOUR WEEKS I'VE BEEN STUCK IN PRIVET DRIVE-"

Yep, it was Harry alright. He continued on his little rage concert as Talia and Ginny slowly made their way down the stairs. Trying not to be caught by the others for listening in. Then they heard a scream, since they were closer they knew it was Ron.

Ginny walked in first and Talia followed while cringing as Harry looked quite pissed off.

"Oh, hello Harry," Ginny said, going to sit on Ron's bed.

"Ginny," he said with a nod acknowledging her. Harry then noticed Talia standing in the doorway, too scared to go in just in case he'd start shouting again.

"Talia?" he questioned, "Talia's been here and I haven't? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" he continued, sounding angry again.

"Well, to be fair Harry," Fred began, while patting Talia's shoulder.