Chapter 1

Talia was woken by her brother, Cedric, throwing a pillow at her while stifling a laugh knowing full well that the 'attack' would aggravate her as she wasn't really a morning person. As she groaned into the pillow that was thrown at her she sat up a little bit, throwing the pillow to the side.

Glaring at Cedric she barely grumbled, "I was just about to get up you know" and dangled her legs off of her bed reaching for her slippers.

"Yeah, sure you were, either way you're up now. Come on dad wants you to hurry up and get ready, he doesn't want to be late", he said with his voice echoing more as he walked out of Talia's room.

So that's what she did, she got dressed and brushed her long brunette hair trying to control the fly aways. Of course there was no need to make too much of an effort in her appearance as she could sort herself out at the Quidditch World Cup when she gets there. She went downstairs and saw her father holding two backpacks, knowing one was hers and Cedric with his own backpack already on.

"Come on darlin', we have to get there on time, we don't want anyone to be waiting on us do we?" her father said while rushing her out the door, with Cedric, giving her her backpack.

~~~

Talia, Cedric and her father were waiting in a woodland area for some friends of her fathers to meet up with them, well Cedric was sitting in a tree. The boy couldn't sit still for the life of him. Talia kept switching the weight from each leg as they started to get tired, from waiting for so long. In the distance some voices could be heard and Amos stepped forward, greeting the voices.

"Arthur! It's about time son" Amos says to a ginger man with several people following, Talia recognised all the people behind the man but one, however she had never really spoken to any of them even though three were in her year. The ginger man whose name must be Arthur apologised for their lateness and introduced her father to the others. Talia smiled at the three who were in her year, giving them a small nod.

"This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry", Arthur explains then moves to gesture Talia just when Cedric jumps down from the tree making her flinch and slap his arm.  Arthur reaches his hand out to Cedric for him to shake it, saying "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?".

Cedric lets out a small laugh at the compliment, as does Talia, just what he needs, more fuel to his growing ego. Although Cedric is seen as a sweetheart to most, he truly is a nuisance to his younger sister when he wants to be.

"And of course Talia, you must know the kids since you're all in the same year" Arthur smiles at her, also reaching to shake her hand. Talia smiles sweetly at him taking his hand and simply nods at the older man.

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter" Amos says while stepping towards the brunette boy with glasses. Talia knew him purely from the gossip that goes around Hogwarts, apparently the first year he was there he saw You-Know-Who and the second year he killed the Basilisk. All with the help from his friends Ron and Hermoine, to which the students gave them the name 'The Golden Trio'. Talia stopped listening to their conversation, eager to get going, the group of wizards and witches walked up a hill looking for the portkey, which was a boot. They all held the boot, while Amos counted down. When he reached three Talia felt her head spinning then she let go and gracefully made her way to the ground along with Arthur, Amos and Cedric, while the others landed with more force. The young girl looked at her surroundings while taking a deep breath of air, using portkeys always made her lightheaded. She turns to see Cedric helping Harry up and the boy taking his arm with a smile and thanking him.

The group started making their way to a large field with several tents and Arthur exclaimed "Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!". Talia, Cedric and Amos separated from the rest of the group to get their tent ready. The three went inside the tent which was larger on the inside with a bunk bed for the siblings and a normal bed near it for their father. Talia sighed and threw herself on the top bunk bed while shouting "Dibs!" watching her brother shake his head as he headed towards the bed, taking off his jacket and throwing it onto his sister's face.