Chapter 2

It was September 1st and Talia was at the station with Cedric and her father. She was looking around the station looking for her friends or looking anywhere while her father was hugging Cedric for quite a long time.

"Okay dad, that's enough it's not like we'll be gone forever we'll be back for Christmas like every year" Cedric said while escaping his father's grip, who had moved onto the younger of the two, squeezing his daughter to the point that she thought she was going to explode.

"Dad, come on we have to go, don't want us missing the train", Talia said which made her father let go of her and gently pat her head. He gave her a peck on the head and waved the two off while saying "I love you guys! Remember to write to me" and then he walked away.

The two siblings walked up to the train with their stuff, ready for a new year at Hogwarts.

"Why does he do that every year. We're just going to school and we'll be sending him letters. And it's not like we're here the whole year, we go back for Christmas" Cedric complained helping his sister get onto the train.

"Oh shut up, he just loves us Icky. You can't get mad at him for caring, or are you too cool for that now?" Talia asks him and then huffs as she notices most the carriages are full.

"Cedric over here" the two hear from one of the carriages and they see Cedric's friends from his year. They make their way over and put their stuff away. Both the siblings sitting next to each other as Cedric's friends made room for them. Talia liked Cedric's friends, although they were quite rowdy, they seemed to calm down when she was with them, they treated her like she was their little sister as well.

"Get up to much Cedric?" Anthony, Cedric's closest friend, asked and also looked at Talia.

"Well we went to the Quidditch World Cup but that was, uhm cut short. Other than that we didn't really do much. Tried to help Lia with some extra work since she wants to be the best of the best" Cedric replied while ruffling his sister's hair to which she hit him lightly in the stomach to make him stop.

"You're in your fourth year now aren't you Talia?" Teddie, who sat opposite Talia, asked with his arm around his friend Kevin next to him.

"Yes I am, I heard that the work gets a lot harder now, so it looks like I'll be living in the library" Talia replied with a laugh and the boys all laughed along with her.

"That could never be us, fourth year was when we started to have parties and sneak in the firewhiskey. Ask your muggle friends to bring their muggle drinks because Kevin here brought in this beauty called Vodka-" Pearce, who sat furthest away from Talia, started until he was interrupted by Cedric who kicked him in the shins.

"Don't give her any bloody ideas you idiot. If she gets into trouble my old man would blame me" he said as his friends laughed at him.

Talia rolled her eyes at her brother trying to hide the fact that he actually cared about her and got up. "I'm going to go see if I can find my friends, I'll leave you guys to catch up" she smiled and left.

Walking down the train Talia found her friends in a carriage and walked in.

"Talia!". She was tackled into a hug by her friend Hannah Abbott. Giggling as she hugged her back the two sat down with the others.

"Where are you sitting? And why did it take you so long to find us?" Hannah asked whilst linking her arms with Talia.

Talia told them where she was and the group of Hufflepuffs caught up on each other's summers. Everyone but Justin went to the Quidditch World Cup and the conversation took a dark turn as the students started to talk about the attack.

"I had never ran so quickly in my life, it was so bloody scary and my parents were just as scared as me" Susan Bones said, shivering at the memory.

"Who do you think they were, who attacked the field. Because I've heard rumours that they were Death Eaters and-" just as Hannah was mid sentence Talia stood up, feeling uncomfortable with the atmosphere that had been created.

"Sorry, I'm just going to go back and sit with Cedric. I just realised I don't have any money and I want him to buy me something from the trolley" she said and rushed back to her previous carriage.

Images of the black figures flashed in her mind and she shivered trying to forget about them. She had not thought anything of them since the day because her father refused to talk about the incident in front of Talia as she seemed so shaken by the experience.

"Nahh, she's so peng, she'd never stoop to your level Teddie-" the boys stopped their conversation as they saw Talia walk back into the carriage and sit down next to her brother without even realising what she had been interrupting.

She felt a hand on her shoulder- it was Cedric's. "You okay?" he asked with a concerning look as the other boys continued with their conversation. She looked up at her brother and gave him a small nod and leaned into his side a little bit to feel some form of safety.

Cedric continued talking to his friends as Talia stared at nothing and blanked out for a while until she heard someone asking if anyone wanted anything from the trolley. She sat up a little bit, deciding that something sweet ought to take her mind of things and nudged Cedric on the side. He took out some money, giving it to Talia and asked for a liquorice wand.

Talia went to the trolley and asked for a liquorice wand and a chocolate frog for herself. She went back to her carriage and passed by Cho Chang saying hi to her and returned to her seat.

"Who was that you just said hi to?" Cedric asked his sister quietly.

"Huh, oh that's Cho Chang, she's in the year above me, whys that?" she asked back. He leaned back into his seat and replied with a 'just wondered'. The other boys gave Cedric a look until Anthony said "Ooohhh Icky's got a crush". The boys tended to use the childhood nickname for Talia's brother since it got on his nerves so much.

"You better not," Talia said while giving her older brother a judging look. "She's my age and it'd be a bit noncy if you did" this comment caused the boys to howl with laughter as Cedrick shoved his sister and took the liquorice wand off her.