Chapter 8

It was the day of the first task, and Talia was surprisingly excited. Cedric had told her the night before that he had a plan and had everything figured out since Harry had told him early on what the task was. Talia reminded herself that she had to thank that boy for giving her brother a heads up.

She sat next to Hannah with the others beside Hannah, and Cedric's friends sat in the row in front of her. The people on the other side of her were shoved aside and she realised someone else was sitting beside her. It was Draco.

Teddie noticed the shifting of people behind him and turned to see Malfoy next to Talia, he gave her a confused look and Talia just shrugged back at him. Oh boy was he going to tell Cedric that the Slytherin Prince willingly sat next to his sister, and he couldn't wait to see his face when he did.

"Are you excited to see your brother basically fight a dragon by himself? Must be scared for his life, I couldn't imagine how scared you are right now" Draco said to Talia with a smirk. She rolled her eyes knowing he wanted a reaction from her but she just said "I'm sure he'll do fine". The boy confused Talia, whenever he'd reveal a little bit of vulnerability he hid it right away with that high almighty attitude of his. His confidence intrigued her, he had so much of it and would somehow maintain it no matter what happened, even after he was turned into a ferret.

"The view here is perfect, I'll be able to see Potter trembling at the sight of a dragon perfectly from this exact spot". He was making an excuse as to why he sat next to her, even though she didn't question why.

Talia simply ignored the comment and remembered that Harry would also have to deal with the dragon. She hoped he would be okay.

Hannah got Talia's attention by talking about how Neville waved at her from his seat .She felt bad because she was so caught up with the whole tournament that she didn't even realise her friend was developing another crush on the Gryffindor boy. She's brought out of her train of thought by Dumbledore who's announcing that Fluer will be the first champion to face the task.

Krum and Fluer had gotten past their dragons and retreated their golden eggs. Talia's knees were shaking as the nerves started to get to her, truly worried for her brother. Dumbledore announced that Cedric was the next champion to face his dragon.

Cedric entered the arena and Talia shot up shouting "You got this Icky!". He saw his sister standing up and holding a banner with her friends with his name on it, and his friends also holding a banner saying "Get that Bitch!", which was quickly taken down by Snape causing Hufflepuff to lose 10 house points.

Talia looked to the other side of the arena and saw the dragon he would be facing. It looked terrifying, its shiny blue skin barely making up for its horrific face. Susan tapped Talia's shoulder, reaching over Hannah and said "It's a Swedish Short-Snout!" like this information would help Talia feel better.

It didn't.

The dragon stood in front of the golden egg that Cedric had to retreat. Talia saw Cedric looking around his surroundings, his wand held tight in his hand. She had her hands held in front of her mouth, she couldn't hear the shouting and cheering around her, she was focused on her brother, hoping he'd be okay.

Draco noticed how scared Talia looked, he saw the worry in her eyes as they were shining from the tears she was holding back. He didn't know if it was because she hadn't blinked in a while or if it was because she was truly that scared. He didn't know what to do, he's not one for comforting people. He just said the first thing that came to mind and regretted it straight away.

"Not many people have died due to Short-Snouts".

Talia slowly turned to Draco with a disgusted look. She didn't say anything she just glared at him. Fuck, why did he even try. He didn't think he could say anything else to make her feel better so he just shrugged and turned back to the arena.