Chapter 16

It's been a month since the second task of the triwizard tournament and Draco's second attempt at asking Talia out on a date. He's decided to stop trying for a while since there seems to be some sort of almighty being who doesn't want him to go out with her. Like a date! Not going out going out, Draco doesn't need a girl by his side constantly, he's already got Crabbe and Goyle for that.

Draco was still a little pissed that Pansy told them where he was after the second task, but she didn't tell them on purpose. She just didn't realise that he wanted to spend time with her alone. Okay, maybe she did realise but still, it's not her fault they actually went. Pansy was starting to like the Diggory girl, hoping for a new friend as she assumed she was Draco's beard or something but she was merely another girl who probably wanted to be with Draco because of his good looks and wealth. This of course made Theo and Blaise wish they never told her about Draco's little crush on the girl because the two boys knew that this wasn't the case. If anything, the worst that Diggory would do to Draco was try to change him. They couldn't have another girl claiming they could change him to be a better person because that just wasn't going to happen. The boy was too stubborn and his family values were too important to him.

Unfortunately for them, Talia was the type of person who saw the best in people and tried to bring out the better in everyone. Including Draco. She always felt a little hurt when Draco would bully the younger years and make snide comments about Harry. But she knew she had to give him time to grow to be a better person. She knew he could be less, mean. She saw herself how he went from teasing her to being sweet to her. Well when no one was around them. In class he would still tease her, but it would be lighthearted. But when the two would go to the Astronomy Tower to study, although they were usually silently enjoying eachothers company, he was more endearing. She never told anyone though, well apart from Susan and Hannah since they have their weekly update on boy talk. But she trusted they wouldn't tell anyone about this side of Draco. Since his reputation was still a big deal to him.

Talia went to the Great Hall for breakfast and sat with her friends. Opting for porridge this morning she put some in the bowl in front of her when she heard someone behind her say "God that looks shit."

Turning around, Talia saw Teddie standing behind her, scrunching his nose at the food on her plate, he was quite the fussy boy when it came to food.

"Piss off, it'd do for this morning" she said justifying her choice in breakfast. "What are you doing here anyway, the big boy table is over there" she said pointing to where his friends were sitting.

"Just came over to say that Cedric needs to talk to you but he's too busy mentally snogging Cho over there. So don't run off too quickly" he said, before he walked away, not before he ruffled her hair of course. Talia saw Cedric next to Cho at the Ravenclaw table, seeing them both smiling at each other she turned back around, and continued to eat her breakfast. She then looked up and saw Draco staring at her from the Slytherin table, he had a sour look on his face and she assumed it was because she was talking to Teddie. She loved how he would get jealous over Cedric's friends even though they were just friends. He didn't even call her by her first name most of the time. She gave Draco a little wave and he couldn't help but smile a little. Hannah and Susan tried to stifle a laugh opposite her, the both of them looking down. Talia gave them a questioning look wondering what they found so funny, then she heard someone behind her clear their throat.

She didn't have to turn around to realise it was her brother. He sat down next to his sister, his legs either side of the seat so he was facing her. "That's cute," he said, Talia still not turning to face him. Hannah and Susan were still trying to hold in their laughter at their friend being caught for barely doing anything.

"You and blondie over there. Real cute" he says again, reaching for an orange. He starts peeling it whilst looking from Draco to Talia. "I didn't think you guys would actually talk to each other after the ball since you know. You went together just because it was convenient," he tried to continue but Talia stopped him.