Chapter 20

Today was the funeral.

A week had gone past and people continued to check on Talia and Amos. Mrs Weasley continued making them warm dinners every other night to make sure they ate. Talia continued to be productive, there were more flowers in the garden. She started growing sunflowers because they reminded her of Cedric for some reason. She also started to learn how to cook properly. Although it all sounded great, her productivity wasn't good for her, because she refused to grieve or show weakness.

Her father was home during the day, but at night he would leave, telling Talia it was important business. This was Talia's grieving time. She would go to Cedric's bed as soon as her father left and cry until she fell asleep. And then she'd wake up and do everything again.

She was able to write back to everyone, apart from Draco. She didn't really know what to say. Everyone else received a letter that seemed to be written with no emotion, a simple response to let them know she's doing okay. But she couldn't send the same to Draco, everytime she went to try and write him back she would have to hold back her tears and her throat would close up. So she just left it.

There was a ceremony at Hogwarts for Cedric, but Talia decided not to go because she didn't want to deal with so many people at the same time, so she stayed home with her father and Teddie sent her a letter telling her what happened.

Because there was a large ceremony, Amos chose to have a limited number of people at the funeral, this included some of the Weasley's, Hermione, Harry and Cedric's friends.

Talia was standing near Cedric's grave, which was next to her mothers, with her father when Cedric's friends came and went straight to her.

"I'm so sorry," a voice said to Talia as they hugged her from behind, it was Teddie. Talia turned around so her face was nuzzled into his chest as she hugged him back, she felt someone push Teddie and saw that Anthony had joined them in their hug, seeing tears streaming down his face, and with that Kevin and Pearce joined the hug.

"Thank you for coming boys," Amos said to them, which made them break away from hugging Talia and going to hug Amos, who tried not to cry.

"Of course Mr Diggory," Anthony said, Talia expected him to continue with a joke or something but all she heard was him sniffing.

They all stood next to each other in silence, until Anthony spoke up again.

"Um, Mr Diggory, I brought Cedric's quidditch uniform and thought it'd be nice if I put in next to his grave or something, if that's okay with-"

He was interrupted by Amos who exclaimed, "Anthony, he'd love it if you did that," so Anthony stood forward and placed the folded uniform next to his grave, near the flowers that had been placed by Talia previously. As he stood up, the group could hear muttering behind them.

They turned round to see the Weasley's, Hermione and Harry, Mrs Weasley was holding a dish and Hermione was holding flowers.

"Amos, how are you? Are we holding up fine?" Arthur asked, he'd been seeing Amos every night for business and he never spoke about how he was actually doing. Arthur and Amos moved to the side to speak and the others went to Talia. Hermione went to Talia and hugged her tightly, the two weren't close but Talia hugged her back just as tight and tried not to cry.

Ron, Ginny and Harry went to Talia as well, but the twins went to the boys since they were all classmates and Mrs Weasley went to Amos with her husband.

"How have you been?" Harry asked, hugging Talia after Hermione let go. She nodded and let go of him, "As well as I can be, I guess," she answered.