chapter 4 because marissa is a high bitch ass mofo

a/n: while writing this i am riding out a panic attack that caused a stomach ache so if i seem high its because i am high

on anxiety B)

fuck you marissa <33

clementine brought marissa to the light. it seemed to glow brighter in their presence. 

(oh shit the stomach bug is getting worse

maybe i should call it a stomach moth

stfu dumbass)

marissa held a wing up to the light as if she wanted it to shake it formally. "im marissa" she said, her voice wobbly and high-pitched as she staggered in a small circle while trying to regain her balance.

the light did not respond.

marissa's face fell.

but so did the rest of her.

marissa faceplanted into the ground. the light flickered as if it were laughing at marissa (dumb high biotch). clementine joined in on the laughter as she helped her friend back up.

"i tripped" marissa said.

"you're on an acid trip too" clementine joked, which got more laughter from the lamp but an angry glare from marissa.

(y'all i can barely breathe rn-

edit: ok it looks like i said i could barely breathe because i'M sO fUnNy but it's because of the panik attack)

"well, this is the light" clementine gestured to the lamp, who turned off and on as a way of greeting. marissa drunkenly frowned and said "i know" while dusting dirt off of herself.

clementine stopped starring at the beautiful light and looked up. white stars freckled the navy blue sky as if the beautiful atmosphere was a person. like the barely visible clouds that floated along was her hair, constellations tangled in the fluffy white. like the moon and the reflection it painted onto a nearby lake were her eyes, glassy and wide. a small amount of stars traced her lips and nose. the sky was beautiful.

if it was a living thing, it would definitely be the light. and clementine was in love with both.

marissa you better see this you bitch <3