chapter 8 because i just realized how much i like bubbles

large, empty, translucent spheres of all sizes danced across the sky. some stuck together and formed crude clouds, others floating alone across the backdrop of a calm sky. real clouds decorated the light blue ocean above, looking like streaky paint. 

a bubble flew in front of clementine and delicately rested on the snow snazzy was standing near before popping with no noise. she smiled as snazzy's red eyes widened in surprise (haha bitch doesn't even know what bubbles are) at the floating empty balls.

another bubble floated near clementine, but this time it came down and sat on the snow in front of her. the house behind her that was nearly hidden by the surrounding forest was reflected in bright, translucent colors. the small cottage and green trees were repainted on the bubble in pinks and oranges and yellows. a bird flying overhead faded from bubblegum to carrot to sunflower. swaying plants edged into one color before slowly sinking back into another.

clementine felt at peace as she leaned up against the lamp while marissa buried her head in snazzy's fur and blew more bubbles. everything seemed to be going their way. everything was happy. the four friends were having the time of their lives in the cold winter snow, blowing and popping bubbles. but there was one thing nagging in the back of two of the four's minds, even though neither of them knew any others felt this way:

confess your love to them.

the two were in love with someone in the group. and it just so happens, if they were to confess, there would be a happy couple.

lamp and clementine. unfortunately, they're pussi-

unfortunately, they're btoh scared of these new feelings. it feels like a fire in the pits of their stomachs that warm their smiles and melt their hearts. it feels like one of the bubbles, floating down their throat before landing on their heart and popping and coating it in the soap that the bubble was made of.

coating it in adoration. coating their small grins and light chuckles in adoration. coating their every action in the sickly sweet emotion.

lmao why am i being so sappy
anyway-

clementine's train of thought was broken by a feeling of immense heat on her wings. where the lamp was touching them.

she pulled her wet (wet because the snow on her wings melted on the hot lamp not anything else dirty-minded bitches) wings off of the lamp and looked at the lamp with a concerned look.

the lamp grew hotter and hotter and brighter and brighter. it shone like a thousand suns and had the heat of them. the metal bars that encased the lamp started melting away and got sucked into the large glowing ball that was the lamp.

and suddenly, the light went out.

but it wasn't all out.

because from the ashes, a moth-sized human rose.

and in their eyes was a fire as bright as the one they were born from.

ayo i tried a little this time how we likin it bitches

also next chapter will be just about clementine and lamp sorry snazzyvibes and