chapter 7 because life is hard like a co-

snazzyvibes this one's for you boo 

marissa stumbled around, looking for her best and only friend. the night sky blanketed the small backyard, and the large round moon that sat in the middle of the dark sky painted itself into a small puddle near the gate. Upon further notice, the puddle was rippling. The vision in the small pond was distorted by something moving in it. what looked like a deformed cat with a twitching paw lay in the pond. it was evidently the cause of the ripples.

marissa walked over to it and nudged the wet, furry body in front of her. a low groan met her ears. the large cat rolled over and nearly crushed the high moth. "hello?" the cat said. his whiskers brushed against marissa's left wing and she shivered.

"uh . . . hi" marissa moved back so the cat couldn't crush her. the cat's black fur was long and matted. she felt an inexplicable draw towards the cat. marissa placed a wing on the cat's back and he shot up in surprise. a low hiss escaped his mouth and he turned to look at marissa.

bright red eyes met marissa's pale gray ones. the cat's eyes were the color of blood, the color of suffering. small black specks outlined the perimeter of the orbs. his eyes softened at the sight of frail and high marissa. 

"i'm . . . snazzy" the cat said breathlessly. the ghost of a smile played at marissa's lips.

"marissa" she stuck a wing out like she did with the lamp. snazzy gently nudged it with his wet paw.

marissa grinned at the cat, who gave a shaky smile back. she and the cat would be close, she could tell.
-----
clementine was fucking terrified.

after the assassin had gotten to her and marissa, she ran for the lamp. well, after running a foot she started flying, but it's just an expression stfu.

when she finally reached the lamp, breathless, it had its same warm glow. she smiled at it and huddled near its warmth. clementine wrapped her wings around herself and let her head rest against the lamp's warm metal bars. she smiled to herself. nothing could get to her here.

clementine fell into a deep slumber, only to be awoken by a massive wet animal.

she screamed.