chapter 9 because i'm doing the thing again and don't want to hurt myself

marissa happy bitch? i didn't forget your name 

"who . . . are you kazoo kid intensifies-

"who . . . are you" clementine breathed. she was slightly shaking from shock. a small smile played at her lips.

"i'm lamp. i'm an enby, so don't even try calling me him" lamp shot clementine a stern look that quickly melted into a warm smile. "you're . . . clementine, if i heard correctly"

"yes" clementine could barely keep oxygen running to her head. she had to remind herself to breath.

so this was the lamp she'd been falling for.

clementine let out a short laugh and wrapped herself in her wings. she'd been warm against the lamp, but now the freezing winds nipped at her papery wings and frail, thin skin. she had no protection from the snow that began to fall down from the sky, twirling and swooping as if they were all in one big choreographed dance.

"are you cold?" lamp didn't give clementine time to respond before wrapping her in a tight embrace. the same heat from the lamp - the old lamp - could still be felt on new, human lamp. their hot breath tickled the back of her neck, and she could smell warm embers and burning fire off of them. they smelt wonderful. clementine smiled into lamp as she noticed marissa had been clinging to snazzy for dear life, snazzy holding her and whispering reassurences in her ear.

lamp made a move to let go, but clementine held tighter. they let out a chuckle and held clementine close.

"you're beautiful" lamp whispered. their cheeks reddened as they realized what they had just said, but they didn't take it back.

clementine's heart exploded.

marissa come see this bitch