Our New Lives

A/N just so you know this is the sequel to 'Dance In The Dark'

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep on the helicopter until Newt shook me.

"We have to go love!" He yells, trying to raise his voice higher than the loud noise of the helicopter blades.

I blink rapidly, trying to get myself awake then I nod and let him help me out of the chopper. Newt manages to pull me to my feet and he grabs my hands pulling me behind the others. I look around, shielding my eyes from the flying sand and notice that we're in a desert. Darkness consumes the land except for a row of lights surrounding a large building.

"GO!" One of the guards shouts and shoots down a moving person in the distance.

Guards shouted more and more orders and we followed them to wherever they'd take us because what other choice did we have? After what seems like hours of running, we reach a giant shelter that looks like a factory.

My friends and I stand in a line, scanning the place. We had all forgotten what the outside world looked like, so we were just now taking it all in. To be completely honest right now, this didn't seem all that great.

"Welcome," a mans voice calls. All of us turn to see the owner of the voice. A tall man with white skin and dark hair with a few streaks of grey steps forth.

"He looks like a rat," Minho whispers. I try to hide my giggle, always appreciating Minho's remarks that lightened up the mood.

"My name is Mr. Janson and I'm one of the directors here. Don't worry you are all safe. We have rescued you from WICKED, and they won't be able to find you here. Now, let's do something about that smell." He scrunched his nose.

I stared at my fellow gladers and noticed we were all sweaty and covered in dirt and blood. Hell, we looked awful.

"Come this way," he instructed. We followed, Thomas taking the lead in front center.

Janson or 'rat man' as Minho called him came to a stop in front of two doors. "There's clothes for all of you in there, once your done meet back here." Janson tells us. "Girls go in girls, and boys with boys, sound good?" Again no one speaks. "Alright." Ratman leaves.

The boys rush desperate for a shower and clean clothes. Newt stays behind to tell me something, "just be careful."

"It's just a shower," I roll my eyes playfully. He grins, then leaves me to get cleaned. I follow Teresa into the girls room. Inside I grab a pair of blue skinny jeans and a gray crew neck. There's plenty of soaps and shampoos laid out for us.

******

Newts POV:

After we all got cleaned up and into new clothes, we sat out where Janson told us to wait. All the boys, besides Minho because of his hair, were ready in 10 minutes. I, myself, was dressed in a blue long sleeve shirt with dark blue jeans and a new pair of shoes. I played with my fingers as I anxiously waited for YN to come out.

"Don't worry Newt, it's just a shower, she'll be back soon," Minho assured me just as she had minutes ago.

"I bloody know shuck face ," I pushed Minho's face away, causing him to chuckle.

Finally the door opened only to reveal Teresa. She sat beside Tommy. Not long after, YN walked out of the shower room. She wore a gray crew neck with jeans and a new pair of boots. Her wet h/c h/length falling on her shoulders. I quickly went up to greet her.

"You look, wow," I tried to compliment.

YN blushes. "You don't look too bad yourself." She tells me. I smile.

Once Janson sees that we're all there, he takes us to a table covered in food. He tells us to eat what we wish and that we'll have testing afterwards, so we eat until we're full and follow him into what looks like a medical section of the building.

A lady who seems to be a doctor smiles at us. "YN, Teresa," she reads off her clipboard, "you'll be coming with me."

"Why are we being separated," I hold onto YN's shoulder, never wanting her to leave my side.

"Cause they're girls, they can't be with you while testing, but you'll see them at dinner." Janson explains.

YN grabs my hand and kisses it before following the doctor.

The boys are then being taken into a different room. The doctors run some tests. They inject us with needles, take some blood, and see our heights/weights.

"Newt relax for a second," Minho sits beside me after the doctors left for a minute. "They're probably talking about girls stuff and what not, stuff boys don't need to hear."

"How'd you know Minho?"

"Please you look around the room like a lost puppy when she's gone." Minho scoffs.

"Slim it slinthead," I punch his arm lightly.

YN's POV:

After the doctors finished testing on me, the lady was about to bring me to the others in the cafeteria. She took many turns and I got caught up behind. I tried to squeeze past a group of nurses when I ran into someone, causing papers to fall.

"I'm so sorry," I pick up the documents.

"It's fine," the person I bumped into assures, leaning down as well.

It's not until I stand up to hand them to him when I actually look at the person. He gasps when he sees me. It's a boy who looks about 18 or so. He's got curly brown hair and tan skin. He's about my height. He's wearing a white lab coat just like the others. (I picture him as Jordan fisher)

"YN?" He knots his eyebrows, "It's you!"

"Yeah.." I say clueless. "Do I know you?"

"You don't remember me?" The boy asks, "it's me Quintin. How could you forget me it's been 8 months?" The boy raises his tone a bit. "We were together!"

"I don't know who you are," I confess. Who is he? And did he just say we were together? When?

He seems to read my expression. "They put you in the maze didn't they?" I nod. "You forgot me?"

"I forgot everything." I tell Quintin. I'm shocked. I found someone who knows the old me!

"You really don't remember?" He questions once more. I shake my head.

"There you are," the brunette lady who was escorting me to the cafeteria comes towards me. "I thought I lost you. Come along. The cafeteria is this way. You can meet your friends there." The doctor turns me into the direction of the cafeteria. She gives Quintin a glare before nudging me forward.

*******

A/n - scorch trials time baby! Hope you enjoyed chapter one. I decided to add a new character to spice up the story.