Cranks

"Come one we'll lose them in the storm!" Thomas called out. We all followed and ducked behind the giant sand dunes. I held onto Newt the entire time.

"Guys come down here," Teresa ran down into what looked like an abandoned mall.

"Teresa wait come back!" Thomas ran after her. The rest of us did as well. While I was trying to carefully make it down the sand hill, I slipped causing Newt who was holding onto me to fall as well.

"I'm so sorry, I didnt mean to," I quickly help him up and brush the sand from his clothes.

"It's fine love," Newt said meeting my e/c eyes. "Here let's keep up." I nodded.

We entered the ruins of the mall through a shattered window. Thomas was already ahead when Teresa spoke up, "Thomas! Tell me whats going on!" Thomas turned. It just accrued to him that Teresa and I had no idea why we had escaped.

"It's WICKED, we never escaped. Me and Aris we found bodies." We surround an empty table.

"Dead bodies?" Minho questions.

"Well they weren't alive either. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood." Thomas explains. I sucked in a deep breath.

"So what's your plan?" Minho breathes.

"I..." Thomas stutters, clearly meaning he has no idea what we're going to do or where we are going.

Newt speaks up. "Well we followed you out here Tommy now your saying you don't have a plan." His voice breaks, meaning he's scared.

"Wait didn't Janson mention something about a group of people helping kids in the mountains?" Aris says.

"The right arm," Thomas replies, "that could be our way out."

"People in the mountains?" Newt butts in, "mountain people? that's your plan?"

"It's all we got for now," Fry speaks

"It's worth a shot," I add.

"In the morning we'll start looking for now, try and find anything that might be useful for the way. let's split up," Thomas begins to walk in the opposite direction we entered. "We'll meet back here in half an hour."

Minho follows Thomas. Winston and Frypan explore together. Jack, Aris, and Teresa were left in a trio. Obviously, I was staying with my boyfriend.

"Follow me," Newt took my hand and lead the way into what looked like a tiny shop. We found some backpacks and filled them up with scattered water bottles and packaged food. "Here," Newt hands me some clothes, "I think these would fit you."

"Thank you," I smile.

"Come to the corner," Newt says softly, picking up a white sheet. I did as he told me. He then pulls it up in between us, holding the sides at the walls.

"You really are the best," I grin, beginning to change out of WICKED's clothes.

Newt chuckles. "Anything for you, love."

"Alright I'm done," I said, with that Newt lowers the barrier between us and looks me up and down. "Eyes up here buddy." I joked. He blushes. I put my hands around his neck. "I've missed you."

"I've been here the entire time," he replies. His eyes dart to my lips then back to my eyes.

"But not like this." I bring my lips close to his.

"You're right," Newt closes the gap between us. He kisses me passionately. His tongue coming in my mouth. We make out for a little while until I pull back remembering what happened at WICKED.