Escaping Again

Newt's POV:

The rest of us patiently waited for Thomas to come back. I don't know why Janson took YN, but whatever was happening could not be good. I rubbed my eyes with the hem of my white long sleeve shirt.

At that moment, Thomas crawled into the room. He was panting, "they're coming!" He shouted as he took one of the mattresses and leaned it on the door.

"Thomas what's going on?" Minho asks.

"ITS WICKED!" Thomas finally looks at us. "It's always been WICKED. We never escaped."

"Tommy what did you see?" I grab his shoulders, trying to calm him down.

"Shes alive! Ava!" The gladers and I exchange nervous glances. "We need to get out of here!"

"Not without YN," I say. We can't leave the love of my life behind.

"And Teresa," Thomas almost whispers.

"Okay let's go!" The Aris boy says going back into the vents. We all follow as we hear Jansons voice from outside of our door.

"Open the door!" We hear muffled screams as we crawl through the enclosed area.

Finally, we found an exit from the vents. All but Aris came out.

"You guys keep going. I need to do something," he says.

"What?" Thomas questions.

"Look its important. You want to get out of here right?" Aris prefly explains.

"I'll come," Winston volunteers.

"Okay we'll see you guys ahead. Let's go." Thomas led the way down the empty halls in search of YN and Teresa. We turned a corner and gasped as we ran into a doctor. More specifically the one who did YN's tests.

"Hey what are you kids doing out?"

As if one que, an alarm sounds. Realization fills the doctors eyes. She's about to run when Thomas grabs a hold of her, "where are they?!"

We took many twists and turns, trying to find the girls. Along the way we ran into several guards. We outran them and Minho even knocked one out with his knee.

After what seemed like hours of running around, we found the room where YN and Teresa were in.

"Get down!" Thomas demanded the doctors. Winston and Frypan tied their wrists together.Right away I spotted my beautiful YN. She lay asleep, her h/c hair spread on the pillow. I touch my hand to her face, brushing away some strands of her loose hair. She looked pale. Oh love what did they do to you? I look back at the doctors, meeting the eyes of a teenage boy among them. He also wore a white lab coat. He looked at me, studying my face.

"You're him," he said in an almost whisper.

What did he mean? I had never seen this boy in my life. Who did he think I was. What was he talking about.

"Stay down! Be quiet!" Minho ordered, shushing the teenager.

"YN, love wake up please," I gently shook her. YN didn't respond to my gesture or voice. "Shuck it," I put one arm under her knees and the other under her neck, carrying her bridal style. Guards tried to enter the blocked door.

"Frypan help!" Thomas yelled, lifting a stool to break the window, to find another exit.

"Newt?" the voice of my love finally spoke.

YN's POV:

After hearing a loud commotion, I forced my eyes open to find Newt's face? What?

"Newt?" I croaked.

"Love? You're awake!" Newt responds."Here Minho take her."

"Where are we going?" I ask, confused. Newt hands me over to Minho who is standing on the other side of what looks like a broken window.

"Hey shuckface," Minho smirks, playfully at me, "glad you're awake."

"You can put me down," I insist, feeling bad having the boys carry me. "Where are we going?" I ask, clueless.

"We're getting out of here," Newt climbs over and we run towards an empty hall.

As we ran I noticed something was off about me. I assumed it was the drugs they gave me to have me fall asleep, but I wasn't too sure.

Minho lead the way down the hall where we found an exit. All of us sped down the hall, never slowing down our pace. Alarms sounded through the PA as we reached the door.

"Come on!" Thomas swept the card he had stolen.

"Thomas," Janson ran into the scene, guards following behind him.

Thomas took the gun we had pointing it at Janson and his men. They held they're arms up. "Open this door Janson!"

"You really don't want me to," Janson said. Thomas kept getting closer.

"Open the damn door!" Thomas yelled.

"Listen to me!" Janson shouted, "I'm trying to save your life. The maze is one thing but you kids wouldn't last one day in the scorch. If The elements won't kill you, the cranks will. Thomas you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you." Shucking liar.

"Yeah let me guess WICKED is good?" Thomas never drops the gun.

Janson smirks, "you're not getting through that door Thomas."

Just as I think we've lost, a sound comes from behind me. The door opens to reveal the boy who we saw alone at lunch and Winston.

"Come on!" The blue eyed boy waves at us.

"Thomas! Come on let's go!" Newt calls as he and I make it to the other side. We look back, watching our friend shoot the tazer gun at them. Thomas, unluckily, quickly runs out of amo and throws the gun at them.

Oh Thomas honey how's throwing them another weapon gonna help your case? I wonder, helplessly looking at the brunette boy.

Thomas then turns and sprints as fast as he can towards us.

"Shut the main door shut the main door!" Janson shouts into his radio, running after Thomas. Immediately the door my friends and I stand at starts to move down.

"Shit!" I try to push the door up, trying to buy Thomas some time. "Newt help me!"

"That's not going to help love!" Newt pulls me by my waist away from the doorframe before the metal can squish me.

"Come on Thomas!" I put my hands around my mouth trying to encourage my friend who still stands on the other side.

We all shout "come on! Come on Thomas! Let's go!" And with that he slides under the door a second before it closes. Newt and Minho pull him to his feet as the boy who I have yet to learn his name, smashes the key card swiper.

Janson reaches the door, knocking forcefully on the glass. Thomas gives him the finger.

"You little shit!" Janson says giving us an unamused grin.

We run out of WICKED's building and back into the desert, apparently known as the scorch. We rush trying to lose the guards and WICKED in the dark desert. Sand flies into my eyes. I rub them while trying to keep up with my friends. Damn it's cold out here for a desert. I shiver, climbing up the sand hills.

We had just escaped the maze and as we thought we were safe, we had to escape again. Why is it that we're always running? I sigh deeply, never once stopping because running is what's kept me alive.

*****

A/n- Ahhhh I love the scorch trials so much. Look at me updating twice in one day. Tell me what you think i really enjoy feedback and comments!