Someone finally hit on Minho

-too bad it was lightning and not a girl.

We walked another full day. This time we had no shelter to rest for the night, so we all lay in a circle to absorb as much body heat to keep us warm. Funny, you'd think a desert that is boiling hot at day would be warm at night too.

"Wake up guys," Thomas calls.

I flutter my eyes open to see Newt sleeping peacefully in front of me. I sit up to see Thomas shaking Minho and the others awake. It is still dark outside. I have no clue why he's even waking us up right now.

"Thomas what is it?" I stand a to meet him.

"Look," he points out in the distance and I see lights!

"Newt, get up!" I kneel down to shake him gently. He groans. I place one small kiss on his cheek. "Come on, Thomas found something." With that he gets up.

"Guys..." Thomas looks behind us. Thunder grumbles from the enormous gray clouds that cover the sky. Lighting in the distance.

"Shit!" I yell.

"We got to go now!" Thomas shouts.

We all rise to our feet, grab our bags, and attempt to run away from the upcoming storm. I don't dare look back as I hear the lighting getting closer and closer. We keep running and then I see buildings more clearly.

"Come on!" Thomas orders.

We're all about to make it when I hear the lighting struck behind me. Minho lets out a grunt. I turn my head and see my best friend lying on the ground.

"MINHO!" I scream.

"Keep moving I got him!" Thomas demands and I see Newt follow after him.

Frypan, Teresa, Aris, and I make it to the open door of a building. I wait at the door looking out as my boyfriend and Thomas hold Minho with one hand over each other's shoulders. The lighting only keeps getting closer. And I'm about to look away at the suspense when they make it through the door. Thomas and Newt lay him on the ground. I kneel beside him. Thomas grabs his wrist.

"No pulse! We need to do CPR!" Thomas breathes heavily. "Does anyone know?!"

"Shuck it! I do!" I say, and quickly push on Minho's chest. Then I lower my face and give him mouth to mouth. In any other situation I would gag, but Minho's life depended on it and I knew the other boys wouldn't want to do it, so I kept going. Repeating the same process. Until I felt him kiss me. I pulled away quickly. "You dumb shank!" I scold him, wiping my mouth.

Minho opens his eyes and gives me a small smirk. "Remind me to almost die more often." This shank nearly dies, yet still makes a sassy remark and uses it to his advantage. "What happened?"

"You got struck by lightning," Thomas chuckles.

"Oh," Minho holds himself up by his elbows.

"You slinthead. You scared me! Your heart stopped!" I slap his arm.

"Ow!"

"Kiss my girlfriend again and I'll bloody kill you myself," Newt threatens playfully.

"Just trying to lighten the mood," Minho smirks. Newt rolls his eyes and helps me stand up.

"Ew what's that smell?" Teresa begins to walk farther into the building. All of a sudden, a crank appears right in front of us.

Teresa screams in terror backing away from the zombie like creature. Thomas holds her back, flashing his light at the crank.

I hear a chain rustling beside me, and a crank tries to grab me, but misses by centimeters. I yell. Newt pulls me by my backpack back to him. He pushes me behind him, away from danger. Immediately I latch onto Newt.

Just then, the lights turn on and I notice the cranks are chained back. No wonder they couldn't reach us.

A door opens revealing a girl who seems to be about 17-19 with short hair. "I see you've met the guard dogs." She says walking in the open space of cranks to us like it's the most causal thing ever. "You guys look like shit," she grins mischievously as she reaches us. "Come on Jorge wants to meet you." She walks back in the direction she came from. The nameless girl looks back, realizing we weren't following her. "Or you can stay with them?"

Thomas is the first to follow the strange girl. She leads us through the building. We don't speak much as we walk behind the girl. Thomas asks her who she is and she responds with Brenda, nothing else. Eventually we reach what I assume is our destination and she opens the door to what looks like an office.

"Ever feel like the whole world is against you?" A mans voice speaks. Behind the desk, the chair spins to reveal a 40 or so year old man with dark brown and gray hair with tan skin.

No one answers.

"Three questions," the man I assume is Jorge stands in front of his desk. "Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit? Don't all answer at once."

Thomas stands in the middle. "We're headed for the mountains. We're looking for the right arm."

The men around us laugh.

"You're looking for ghosts you mean," Jorge takes a sip of water. "Question #2, where did you come from?"

"That's our business," Minho answers with a straight face.

Jorge looks at us unamused and suddenly the men who were surrounding us, grab ahold of our arms.

"Get the hell off me!" I demand as one of his men takes a strong hold of me and drags me forward, maybe cause I was an easy target.

"Don't touch her!" Newt shouts.

The man takes me in front of Jorge and the girl named Brenda grabs a machine, pulls back my hair, and scans my neck.

"What is that?" Thomas questions.

"You were right," Brenda says once the men let all of us go. I stumble backwards towards my friends, staying extremely close to Newt.

"Are you alright?" He whispers. I nod.

"Right about what? What is she talking. About?" Thomas speaks up as Jorge pulls out a pair of glasses and examines the tool they scanned my neck with.

"I'm sorry hermano," Jorge removes his glasses and smiles, not looking sorry at all. "Looks like your tagged. You came from WICKED. Which means your very valuable."

*****