Party in a pandemic

Jorge had us walked for a while. He wanted to make sure we had lost WICKED. Eventually though, he found an abandoned house and said we were going to stop for the night.

"Alright muchachos," Jorge threw off his backpack, "get some sleep, we'll find Marcus in the morning."

"What about Thomas?" I whisper to Newt and Minho who stands by me.

"Hell I don't know," Minho breathes. "what I do know is that shank can take care of himself."

"Tommy will be alright," Newt adds.

I nod, then I bit my lip, questioning it.

Everyone starts to spread around the small room to get ready for 'bed.'

I hold onto Newt the entire night.

*******

In the morning we keep moving. Jorge said we needed to find a guy named Marcus who knew the entrance to the Right Arm.

After a few hours of walking, we made it to a city. It wasn't the big pretty ones you'd see in pictures. It was mostly ruins and broken down buildings. It made me sad, walking down the streets and seeing poor people with torn clothing and dirty faces.

"Stay together muchachos," Jorge lead.

Before we got here, he told us to try and fit in. To not act differently and not draw any attention. I tried my best to keep my gaze forward, but my eyes kept wondering all around this dreadful place.

All of a sudden, a small hand grabbed my wrist. I stopped."Excuse me miss?" A voice spoke.

I turned down to find a little girl who seemed about 5/6. Her face was dirty and her clothing was ripped.

"I haven't any food. Do you have any?" The hungry child asked.

I opened my mouth to speak when an older woman came behind the little girl. "There you are Rosalind. Come on we've got to get back home. Sorry miss." The mother spoke. The young girl looked like a mini version of her.

I couldn't speak. I wanted to, but couldn't. I wanted to help the poor girl and her mother. But how could I when I couldn't even help myself? I had learned in this world so far to put yourself first, but it hurt to see others suffering as well.

"YN why'd you stop?" Newt came back towards me. He always checked up on me and every minute and must've realized I wasn't trailing by him anymore. "Is something wrong?"

"No N-Nothing," I stutter, taking his hand and pulling him with me back to the others.

"Marcus house should be up ahead," Jorge leads us in to a smaller road. We stop and find an entrance to a large building that is almost shaking from the music being played inside. Great idea, I think sarcastically. Just throw a party during a pandemic.

"Take a drink and we'll let you in," a man guarding the door crosses his arms.

"We know, we know," Jorge takes the jar and takes a swig of the liquid I assume is alcohol. "Follow me." He motions his head to the door. My friends and I all exchange nervous glances.

Minho being the badass, leader that he is, steps up and chugs down a sip no problem.

As I get closer and closer to the man, I get more nervous. Why the hell are we even here? There's a good chance this Marcus dude isn't here.

Newt takes a quick sip and steps into the building. I'm second to last with Teresa behind me.

"Here pretty girl," the middle aged man smirks at me.