We're with you

"Back up!" Thomas yells.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Janson orders.

"Let them go! Let them all go!" My friend demands.

"Thomas you know I can't do that!" Ava answers.

"Thomas stop!" Teresa tries to fight back. "They'd promised we'd be safe." Hate to tell you bitch but these are the same people who put us in that hellhole of a maze.

"She's right it was her only condition," Ava tries to console. "Do you really want all of them to die?"

"Shut up!" Thomas shouts.

Minho kicks the guard behind us and the original gladers all walk forward to stand alongside our friend.

"We're not going back there," Thomas tells them.

"No," Teresa cries. Shut up! You did this to yourself. You can't blame us for hating you. I think.

"We're with you Tommy," Newt puts a hand on his friends shoulder.

"Til the end," I add.

"Do it Thomas," Minho gives him a stern look.

And with that, Thomas throws the explosive at the same time a truck flies into the battlefield. It's Jorge and Brenda. Their plan creates a huge diversion, which allows us more time to escape.We all run through the chaos, trying to shield ourselves from the smoke and ashes that fill our eyes.

Newt made me promise not to wait for him because it could result in them capturing me, so I listen. It would be my fault if Newt went back to get me and got hurt himself.

So I run, through the shouts and the flames that are setting fire to everything around me. My plan is to run as fast as I can behind the giant crates and wait for my friends there. The smoke around me doesn't allow me to see the direction I'm heading and I turn several times, lost.

All of a sudden I run into someone. The person grabs my shoulders and I start to panic, then I realize. It's Quintin.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I demand. No matter who he is or was to me, I want nothing to do with the enemy.

"I'm sorry," he holds my shoulders in place, "I'm so sorry." The boy cries. Quintin's face is covered in ashes and tears. "I couldn't protect you. I tried, I really did."

"It's okay," I try to assure.

"No it's not," the boy keeps crying. "I failed you."

I try to shake my head, argue but what's the point? It's not like I remember. I feel terrible.

"Over here!" I hear a mans voice call out.

"Run!" Quintin tells me. "Get out of here! Save yourself! Save your friends!"

I'm speechless as I watch WICKED's men come and try and take me. They walk past Quintin and towards me. I yank and fight out of their grip.

"GET THE HELL OFF ME!" I shout. The men fall down and I see Quintin holding a taser gun. He shot them down. He let me go.

"Go!" He tells me again. I just stare. The tears falling again. "YN GO!" Quintin begs.

"Thank you," I cry and with that I sprint in the opposite direction.

To my surprise, I run into my friends along the way.

"NEWT!" I scream in relief.

"WE GOT TO GO!" Newt shouts. I nod.

Him and I run after Thomas, Minho covering us from behind, when all of a sudden I hear him groan. I turn around to find him on the ground. One of the tazer bullets on his chest.

"MINHO!" I yell, trying to run back towards him. Newt holds me back. "LET ME GO!" I tell him. I have to save Minho, he's my best friend. I can't lose him too.

Thomas tries to run after his friend too, but Fry grabs a hold of him and drags him back.

"I HAVE TO SAVE HIM!" Thomas screams. "MINHO!"

Janson emerges and tells two guards to grab our helpless friend. They hold him by the shoulders and drag him to the berg. The door closes and the berg flies away, leaving us in ruins.

I hear a ringing in my ear as I look around me. It's gone. Everything is destroyed.

Then, I feel myself collapse and my eyes close.

******

Newt's POV:

"YN?" I call out to the girl in front of me. She doesn't respond. Instead YN just stares at the ruins. "Love?" I try again. All of a sudden, she begins to fall. I quickly react and catch her. "YN love, what's wrong?" I ask her worried. No response.

I sit her on the ground with me, and sleep overtakes us both. Tomorrow we'll have to deal with the tragedy that just occurred. for now, we try to escape this bloody world by covering it up with dreams. But the world is even too cruel to let us rest, instead it continues to give us nightmares that are just as bad as reality.

Before I drift, I remember what just happened.

They took Minho. My best friend, and my sister, whom I had just found.

We failed them.

I let a tear roll off my cheek.

YN always says I'm the glue to this group, but even the glue can fall apart at times. And I want to be strong for my friends, for YN, like I always try to be, but I can't right now, so I let the tears fall, now that no one can see how truly broken I am.

*******