Are we safe?

We reached what looked like a campsite an hour later. We all got off the car and followed Harriet and Sonya. They explained to us how they were almost about to leave and how lucky we were that we found them before then.

"We just need to find Vince," Harriet told us. "He decides if you get to stay."

"Have you seen Vince?" Sonya asked a person standing near us.

"Right over there," the middle aged man pointed.

There was a man who looked a little over 40 walking over to us. He had long hair and a big mustache.

"Who are these people Harriet?" the man asked, eyeing all of us.

"Immunes, we found them in the mountains." Harriet explains.

"Did you check them?" Vince puts his hands on his hips.

"I know this guy Aris," Harriet points at him, "I trust him."

"Well I don't," the man scoffs. "You gotta check 'em."

All of a sudden Brenda collapses from in front of me. She gasps and breathes heavily.

"Oh my god! Brenda!" Jorge falls to the ground to her. He picks her head up. "Brenda speak to me."

"I'm sorry," Brenda breathes.

Vince grabs her ankle, pulling up her pant slightly to reveal a dark bite? It's surrounded with black veins, just like some of the cranks. I gasp quietly.

"She's a crank!" Vince stands back up. He points a gun at her. "Why would you bring a crank here?!"

"No!" Jorge begs.

"Stop!" Thomas steps up. "She's only just been bitten. She's not dangerous yet. I told her you could help."

"I can," Vince never lowers his weapon. "I can put her out of her misery!"

"No!" Thomas stands in front of her.

"Thats enough Vince," a feminine voice comes from behind him.

A middle aged woman with dark brown hair steps up. "I can't help you, but he can," she points at thomas. "Hello Thomas." He offers him a smile.

"Wait you know me?" Thomas stands up.

"Makes sense they put you in the maze," the lady studies Thomas, "though I thought they'd kill you after what you did."

"What I did?"

"You were our source," The woman speaks.

Vince lowers the gun. "But Mary she's a crank!"

"I can slow that down," the woman named Mary says. "I just need some of your blood Thomas. Could some of you please bring her to the tent over there."

Jorge does as the woman says and Thomas follows after them.

The rest of us are left wondering.

"Follow me," Harriet tells us.

We obey and she guides us to a tent. Inside are women surrounding baskets full of clothes.

"Here," the woman starts to hand out warm clothes.

I notice it is quite chilly up in the mountains. I thank the woman and she gives me a quick smile. We take turns using the small empty tents off to the side to get dressed. Once we're all done, the original gladers and I all sit on some giant rocks. From below we can many people, tents, and cars.

Fry, Minho, Newt, Thomas, and I all sit together, saying nothing, just simply smiling.

"Hey Aris!" Frypan waves at Aris who sits with Sonya nod Harriet, probably catching up with all they missed.

Aris waves back, offering a kind smile.

"I kinda like that kid," Frypan says.

"Yeah," Minho adds. "I still don't trust him though."

I snicker.

"I wish Winston could've seen all this," Frypan says in a serious tone.

"And Alby," Newt calls from beside me.

"And Chuck," Thomas holds onto the tiny carving once again.

"They'd be proud of you Tommy," Newt tells his friend.

Thomas smiles back.

"Come with me love," Newt says into my ear. He stands and helps me up. "We'll be right back." Newt Informs the others.

They all turn and smirk.

I roll my eyes. Newt drags us away from the group. He leads me all the way up into an area where we are all alone, but can still look down at everything.

Newt sits down, taking me with him. I sit with the side of my hips touching his. I cross my legs, staring out into the distance.

"We did it love," Newt looks at me.

I turn to find him grinning. "Like you promised," I smile. "Thank you."

"For what?" The British boy questions.

"For being there for me every second of this shucking journey."

"Your welcome," he softly speaks, "thank you too."

I wrap my arms around Newt's neck and pull him to me. I crash my lips onto his and the force I used to grab him is too much that he topples on top of me. I giggle, Newt chuckles, then kisses me back with so much passion and love. I can feel him smiling into the kiss.

Newt pulls away slowly, "I love you YN, you know that right?"

"Of course I do," I never let go of him "I love you too." Just like every other time I've said it, I mean it. I always do and always will. Those three words. Eight letters that can truly show how much you care for a person.

Newt's grin grows as he hears me say those words back. He leans down to kiss me once more, and we literally just lay on the hard ground, outside,  making out.

Newt continues to bring warm, soft kisses to my lips when I hear a sound in the distance.

"Newt?" I whisper.

"Yes love," he whispers into my neck as he places small, gentle kisses along it.

"Do you hear that?" I knit my eyebrows. Newt sits up, as do I. Newt looks at me confused and remains silent to hear what I heard. Then the sound comes again, but it sounds louder this time. The sound of helicopter blades.

I gasp. No, please Don't tell me it's.....

I look out into the distance and see them.

It's WICKED.

They found us.

******

A/n- anyone else's friends judge them for likening the maze runner so much? 😂 like Geez let me me happy. If they'd just watch the movies or read the books like I told them to, then maybe we could bond together.