Reunion

"Oh my gosh Harriet?" Aris steps forward.

The girls pull down their bandanas to reveal their full faces. Aris immediately runs up to hug the first girl.

"Sonya!" Aris moves onto hug the blonde.

Sonya? Is it? Is that Newt's sister?

"Aris you're lucky we didn't shoot your dumbass!" The blonde girl smiles.

"What's going on?" Minho asks.

"We were in the maze together!" Aris answers.

I look over at Newt and he turns to me at the same time. I nod.

"Sonya," Newt lets out an almost whisper.

The blonde girl studies Newt as he pulls out the note I found from his pocket. He slowly hands it to her. The girl takes it and carefully reads it. I can see her surprised expression when she looks up. She doesn't speak, instead she pulls out a pice of paper from her pocket. Now it's her turn to hand it to Newt. He reads it and smiles.

"Newt!" Sonya smiles so bright. She walks up and hugs her long lost brother. Newt hugs her back and I can't help but smile at the happiness I feel. They did it. The siblings found their way back to each other considering the obstacles WICKED threw at them.

"What's going on?" Thomas speaks for the gladers.

"Need me to beat this girl up YN?" Minho cracks his knuckles.

I chuckle, "no it's not like that."

"We're siblings," Sonya tells the gladers.

A round of ohhhhh's are heard throughout the crowd.

Newt comes back to me. I embrace him tightly, feeling ever so happy that he got a piece of his past life back.

"Thank you," Newt whispers in my ear.

I shake my head. "You did this yourself," I grin.

"We did this together love," Newt adds.

"You guys want to comeback to our camp?" Harriet questions.

"Wait do you know where the Right Arm is?" Thomas comes up.

"Come on," she nudges her head back in the direction they came. "Hop in."

We all share excited glances and nod. Harriet leads the group and Teresa stands by her, chatting. I walk near the back. Sonya finds me and walks beside me.

"Hi," she kindly offers a smile.

"Hi," I respond. "So you're Newt's sister."

She nods. "I too left a letter for myself. Although I still had it in my pocket when I came up in the maze."

"Wow," is all I can say. "You two are lucky you found each other."

"Thanks," Sonya looks at me. "Are you and Newt dating?"

"Yeah," I reply, "a few months now. I really like him."

She chuckles. "I can tell. So how was your maze?"

"Awful," I say, "I was in there for about 8 months with all boys, until Teresa showed up a few days before we left." I point at the black haired girl.

"I see," Sonya tells me.

That's the last thing she says to me since we reached the car they had come in.

Again, we were up for a crowded ride. This one at least had a big trunk so some of us could sit back there. I sat in the trunk with Newt, Thomas, and Minho.

Newt was very cheery from next to me. I loved seeing him like this. I took his hand and smiled at the boy I was so in love with.

"We're gonna be safe now love," Newt whispered in my ear. He leaned his had on top of mine.

I didn't respond. I didn't have the words to express how happy I was at this moment. All the running and Hiding could finally come to an end. We could live happily and have a beautiful life. We could be real teenagers and have the time of our lives.

Minho and Thomas looked so calm and relaxed too from in front of me and Newt. My best friends. We couldn't have gotten here without them. Thomas being our incredible leader. And Minho being our strongest warrior. I tapped Minho's knee with my foot. He looked at me and I offered him a thankful smile. He returned the gesture. Thomas did as well.

Could this be the finish line?
Will we finally be free at last?
We've lost a lot of friends to get this far,
I just hope it'll all be worth it in the end.

I start to play with the bracelet on my wrist. It felt like I had done this a million times before, which I probably had. It calmed me.

Minho began to snore in front of me, considering it was the afternoon. Thomas remained wide awake though, probably as curious as the rest of us, awaiting our arrival at the Right Arm. Newt also began to fall asleep and I held his head on my lap. I played with his blonde locks, never taking my eyes off of the beautiful boy below me. I studied his features. His thick brown eyebrows. His soft pink lips that parted as he slept. His long brown lashes. His sharp jawline. He was perfect, and I couldn't be more grateful than I am to call him mine.

I stay awake the entire ride, anxiously waiting to enter our new lives.

********
A/n - I've had the motivation to write a lot more recently! Which is good, cause maybe by the end of this week I could finish this book and move onto the last! If I don't update soon its probably cause I'm busy. I won't keep you waiting long tho I promise. 🤍