Just Hanging

"Great plan Thomas," Minho says, "hear the man out. Really working out for us."

"Shut up Minho!" Thomas grunts.

After Jorge and his men found out we came from WICKED, they had to tie us up somehow so we wouldn't escape, so they tied our feet and hung us on top of a hole.

"Maybe I could reach the rope," Thomas tries to bring himself to the rope tied as his feet, but fails.

"Enjoying the view?" A voice surprises us. We look over and see Jorge.

"The hell do you want?" Minho asks.

"That is the question," Jorge comes closer to us. "My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me your not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho says.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm."

"I thought you said they were ghosts?" Newt asks.

"I happen to believe in ghosts." We all stare at Jorge. No one speaks. "Tell me what you know and maybe we Can make a deal."

"We we don't know much," Thomas stutters.

Jorge pulls the lever causing us to drop a few feet.

"AAHHH! WOAH WHOAH!" We all scream.

"Okay okay," Thomas speaks, "they're hiding in the mountains. They attacked WICKED got out a bunch of kids that's all we know."

Jorge is about to speak when one of his men comes in and calls for him. "Jorge what's going on?"

"Me and my new friends we're just getting acquainted." Jorge shrugs. "We're done now."

"Wait hey aren't you going to help us?" Thomas asks.

"Don't worry hermano," Jorge gives him a mischievous grin, "we'll get you back where you belong. Hang tight!" He says and leaves.

"It'll be hard not to," I roll my eyes. Hanging there was making me nauseous, the fact that I hadn't eaten or drank anything wasn't helping my case.

"Are you okay love?" Newt asks from behind me, I can't meet his eyes because of my position.

"I'm fine," I lie, "how's your leg?"

"Awful," he confesses, sounding exhausted.

"There's gotta be a way out," Thomas speaks out. He seems to think for a while before coming up with a plan. "Minho try pushing YN to the lever!"

Great. Of course I had to be the closest one to the lever. First I had to do mouth to mouth, now get swung back and forth, while feeling nauseous. Shucking amazing.

"Be careful with her Minho," Newt tells his friend as Minho places his hands on my back.

"I know I know," Minho replies. "Ready?" Minho questions not waiting for my response. "Okay, One, two, three!" He shoves me hard. I miss the lever by centimeters.

"Shit!" I curse, swinging back to Minho's direction. "Try again!"

Minho grabs my body once more and pushes me even harder this time, and to my surprise, I'm able grab ahold of the metal bar.

"Yes!" I exclaim and quickly help myself. By doing so, I accidentally pull the lever and cause my friends to drop a few feet. They all shriek. "Sorry!" I mumble and quickly make my way over to untie them. I get to Newt first. I peck his lips. (I added a Spider-Man kiss because I love him and Newt ofc) Newt grins.

"Geez just take your time YN, not like we're hanging upside down or anything," Minho's sarcasm never seems to disappoint.

I chuckle. "I'll make sure to untie you last Min," I joke.

I'm able to get them all when we hear a sound from above. More like a berg or something.

"Good evening, this is World In Catastrophe Killzone Expirement Department. You are in violation of WICKED property and we ask that you return to us what is ours."

"Shit!" Thomas curses under his breathe. "We've got to go!" We follow his lead and grab our backpacks. Just as we're about to get the hell out of here, one of Jorges men grab my and points a gun at my head.

"Let go of me!" I shout, trying to loosen out of his grip.

"Don't move!" He demands. "I got them for you Janson." The man speaks into his radio.

Minho grabs a near by gun and points it at the man.

"MINHO NO!" Newt yells right as Minho pulls the trigger.

I close my eyes. The bullet could easily hit me instead, but It doesn't. The man who was holding onto me, falls to the ground. I breathe heavily in relief.

"Thanks," I quickly say.

"Follow me!" Brenda suddenly appears. We all hesitate. "Come on!" She shouts. What other choice do we have? Thomas seems to be thinking the same thing because he runs after her.

All of a sudden, a song begins to play on the speakers throughout the building.

"What the hell?" I scrunch up my nose.

"Let's go," Brenda demands and we run up stairs and meet up with Jorge. He opens a passage that shows a zip line?

"Oh hell no," Fry mutters.

"Let's go hermanos!" Jorge grabs onto a metal bar and slides down the zip line.

"Alright next hurry!" Brenda motions. Minho reacts first and slides down with no problem. Frypan follows not long after. Teresa next, and finally Aris.

My heart pounds loudly.

"Love your next!" Newt insists.

I shake my head. "I can't- I can't do it." I stutter. I'm deathly afraid of heights. If I take one look down, I could freak out and let go.

"Can two go at a time?" Newt asks Brenda.

"Yeah just hurry!" Brenda yells.

Newt grabs the bar. "Come on love!" He says. I hesitate for a second then come to Newt and I wrap my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist, tightly. I bury my head in the crook of his neck. "I'm gonna go okay?" My lover tells me.

I nod, "just do it!" I force my eyes shut, and with that, Newt pushes us both of the edge and we glide through the air. I don't dare open my eyes. The wind hits me fiercely and it sends chills throughout my whole body.

"We're almost there love, I got you," Newt assures me. Within seconds, I feel us stop and Newt places his feet on the ground. I release myself from Newt and finally open my eyes.

"Thank you," I almost whisper. Newt quickly kisses my forehead. He hugs me close to his chest as we wait for Thomas and Brenda to come. They don't.

"Keep moving hermanos," Jorge speaks.

"What about Tommy?" Newt Asks.

"Don't worry, Brenda knows another way."

Newt's POV:

I laced my fingers into YN's. The poor girl was scared out of her mind at the challenges this awful world had thrown at her. You couldn't blame her for being terrified of a world she couldn't remember. My beautiful girlfriend didn't deserve any of this. None of us did.

I was worried for one of my best mates as well. Tommy could be dead for all we know right now. I didn't want to think that was true, but in this living hell, anything was possible.

We followed Jorge, hoping that he could help lead us a step closer to safety.

***

A/n- I love Jorge and Brenda so much. They're such and iconic duo and we stan them for helping our gladers.

Anyways hope you liked!