"You're a traitor!"

They found us.

I meet Newt's eyes, they're filled with sadness. I suppose mine look the same. We start running down to the camp when one of WICKED's bergs drops a bomb. Newt and I stop and stare in terror. The tents catch on fire.

"We have to find the others!" I yell.

"Hurry!" Newt runs holding onto my hand.

More and more explosions occur. All sounding as horrific as the ones before. WICKED guards emerge from the bergs and start shooting people with their guns.

"MINHO! THOMAS! FRYPAN!" I shout, looking all around me. Where are they?

"YN! NEWT!" I hear a call in the distance. Newt hears it too and together we run to where our friends are, all but Teresa. There's no time, so I decide not to ask. Either way it's not like I was close to her or anything.

"Do you know how to shoot a gun?!" The guy named Vince asks Newt and Minho. They both nod. "Cover me!" He yells then hands off two guns to the boys.

Immediately they start to fire at the guards. Thomas moves out somewhere else, so does Fry. I hide behind a giant crate, covering my ears to hide the sounds.

"Stay low love!" Newt tells me as he continues to shoot off the enemy.

Eventually the boys run out of amo. At this point we have no other choice but to make a run for it. Minho, Newt, and I begin to run for our lives, being careful to avoid getting shot. I'm at the back, trailing behind the others when an arm grabs me.

"AHH!" I shout as the person drags me back. It's one of WICKED's men. "LET GO OF ME!" I demand, trying to struggle free from their grip.

Newt looks back hearing my voice. "YN!" He yells.

The guard hands me off to someone else who holds my hands behind my back while the one who captured me runs after Newt.

"NEWT RUN!" I scream.

He doesn't listen instead he stands there frozen. The guard reaches him in no problem. Newt tries to fight him off, but fails miserably. Another does the same with Minho. They begin to drag us all back to where the bergs had landed. Once there the guards have no problem throwing us on the ground, forcing us to stand on our knees. Ratman walks in front of us inspecting us all.

We lost.

We were finally free.

I want to cry, scream, shout, but all my emotions
have been used up. I feel nothing. We lost. What more is there to say? We tried escaping WICKED, and we failed. They always win, and when we always lose.

"Is that all of them?" The blonde lady who showed herself on the video we saw after escaping the maze asks.

"It'll be enough," Janson says proudly. That sick bastard.

I watch two guards pulling Aris and Sonya into the berg. I see Newt's eyes never leave his sister as they take her away once more. They had just found each other, and they were separated again. Newt doesn't try to struggle because he knows he'll fail.

Men go around, scanning our necks similar to the way Brenda had done to me. One comes to me and I don't try to fight back anymore as he pushes my hair out of the way and scans my neck.

"A-19," he says and moves on to Newt beside me. Cruel bastards. Treating us like lab rats. "A-5." He keeps moving down.

"Where's Thomas?" Janson looks around. I too finally realize that he is missing.

At least one of us got away.

"Right here," He calls from behind the crowd.

No. Not Thomas. He gave up too.

Janson smirks and comes close to Thomas. He punches him on the stomach and Thomas drops to his knees, groaning in pain. The guards drag him and put him in between Newt and Minho.

"Why didn't you run?" I can hear Minho ask.

"I'm tired of running," Thomas says emotionless.

"Where is she?" Ava questions.

Where's who? I ask myself.
Then I see her. Teresa. She walks up to the enemy and embraces her.

"I'm glad you're safe," Ava tells her.

"Wait what's going on?" Frypan asks.

"She's with them," Thomas says disappointed.

"You backstabbing bitch!" I get up. All I want to do is punch that traitor. I don't even care what happens to me, we already lost anyways.

"YN no!" I hear Newt call from behind.

The men quickly react and pull me back.

"It's your fault! We trusted you! You're a liar!" I shout. The tears finally come as the men drag me back harshly.

"YN stop!" I hear a familiar voice. To my surprise the voice belongs to Quintin.

He begins to make his way out of the berg but Janson puts a hand out to stop him. "Get back in the berg. You had one job." Janson tells him.

Quintin expression shows fear for ratman. He backs up. 'I'm sorry.' He mouths to me. I look down, not wanting to meet Quintin's brown eyes. How could a nice boy like him work for such a terrible place. Maybe he was sorry, but what the hell did it matter?

"There was no other way. We have to find a cure." Teresa tells us. How could she expect us to trust her. "You have to understand ." She pleads.

"As much as you hate me Thomas I am not a monster. I'm a doctor and I swore an oath to do whatever I can to find a cure. And if that means more kids then so be it."

"More blood," I turn my head to see Mary emerging from the side. She walks up towards Ava. Ava seems shocked to see her.

"Hello Mary," Ava says as if this were the most casual way to meet with a person she once knew. "I was hoping we'd meet again. I'd just thought it would be under different circumstances."

"I'm sorry about a lot of things, but not this. At least my conscious is clear."

"So is mine," Ava points a gun at Mary and without a second thought, she pulls the trigger. Vince shouts and runs to her.

While all this chaos was going on before us, Thomas seemed to have whipped up a plan.

"Stop get back!" Thomas stands in the middle in front of Ava and Janson. His hands hold what seems like an explosive.

Our last chance.

*****