The other side

Quintin's POV:

Letting YN go was one of the hardest things I did.

After YN and her friends escaped from WICKED, I was torn apart. I had just got her back, and she couldn't even remember me. Plus she was dating the blonde boy. Newt his documents said. I had learned all her friends names when I was checking the results. The future didn't look good for a few of them. I felt terrible knowing their fate, when they didn't.

Then Janson demanded that a few of us go with him to find the subjects from the maze trials. The other girl, Teresa had ratted them out. She gave Janson the coordinates of where they were at. She betrayed them. I couldn't imagine what that must've felt like.

I didn't want to go retrieve YN and her friends, but Mr. Janson knew I was close with YN and he thought that if she'd come with me, so would the others. But when I saw her there, standing on her knees, being pushed around like a lab rat, I couldn't do it. She was my everything once, and I was hers. Even though I knew she wasn't the same person as she was eight, nine months ago, I couldn't take her back. YN deserved to be happy. She should be free. I could help with that.

So when the Thomas boy threw the explosive that created the chaos, I ran to her. I knew the guards would try to take her back, and I couldn't stand and watch the girl I once loved being brought back to that hellhole. So I fought them off long enough for YN to get away. And it worked. She got away. And I was able to help her.

But I knew this wasn't the end. They had gotten Minho, and I knew YN and her friends would come back for him.

I sighed as I sat in the berg, looking at all those innocent kids we captured.

That could've been me.

I rub my temples.

I'm so sorry.

If I could do it all over, maybe I'd do it different.

Maybe I wouldn't be here in this position.

****
A/n- idk if it's just the fact that I made up the character, but I love Quintin so much. Anyways this is the end of book two! I finished this up a lot quicker than I did the first one, that's for sure. I hope you enjoyed I loved writing this so much!

Did any of y'all see what I added at the end?👀