7

You woke up scared. What a horrible nightmare you just had. Such an unusual one to have that you froze for a few seconds before you even think about it. You wanted to make sure it was just a bad dream.

 You looked around, just looking at the shilouette of your body in the darkness of the closet. The way you slept, you woke up, and to your sadness, you woke up with a stiff neck. Moving as little as possible,you looked out for something or someone.

In the landscape that used to be only fire and darkness, now you could see the daylight, delicately lightening the wood colored black by the fire. There was no sound other than the birdsong and chirping of crickets, it was like as if nothing had happened, the calm after the storm. Rubbing the back of your neck to relieve the irritating pain you felt, you opened the door of the wooden rectangle you were in and sat there, putting both feet out, feeling the floor again.

A few seconds of thought passed and you finally decided to get out of there. When the sun hit your face, you closed your eyes, slowly getting used to the sudden light of the day that has come to you. You stepped out of the furniture, trying to steady yourself, you looked around the wreck and see the remains of your house again, before moving on. Walking out of rubble, you looked around the forest, with no monsters or people around. However, one thing caught your attention.

The disturbing sign that was in front of your house was not there anymore, it was nowhere nearby, what did that mean? Do they take it out? How did they already know that you had read?

You got the thoughts out of your head, you were tired and sad, but you still needed to focus on the next phase. Where would you go? Where would you get your things back? You would need to start from zero. Sitting on the dark green grass at the beginning of the forest, you looked up at the sky, watching the sun make its way away from the mountains to the north. You closed your eyes and bowed your head.

-What have i done with my life?

You held on for more tears to not fall. You didn't know exactly where to go, but you'd go back to the village to look for directions, you'd have to say goodbye to everyone, pick up the rest of your stuff, and of course, most importantly, find your Atlas. You stood up, and adjusting the bag with the potions and your sword, you were prepared to go on a trip again to the village, but this time, without drawing much attention, that is, nothing to blow creepers this time.

You headed for the same path you had taken yesterday, soon finding the trail that led to the place you needed. Very different from yesterday's trip, or all the others you've had, this one was quiet and slow, everything seemed to move slowly at your feet. For the first time, you wanted to keep your attention out of your problems, and paid attention even to the larvae and bugs that were on the floor, you wanted to be distracted, it wasn't like this had never happened. You didn't see it, but as much as it was going slow, you got there fast, maybe the universe would like you to get there. Then, raising your head, you came across the same arc of stone, the village was in front of you.

You lowered your head again and went through the arc, marking your entrance into the village. Passing through the streets of plowed earth, you ended up noticing everything around, everything was very quiet. As much as it was around 7:00 AM, Julian should already be awaketo get his cows to eat, but there was no sign of him, or any other resident of your favorite village. 

Walking further, you ended up stopping in front of the school, you noticed some movements ahead, and when you were finally going to meet with whoever was there, you caught a glimpse of a green hoodie, which made you shiver and step back. Your face lost its color again, they were there. They made it all the way here for your head. 

Damn it, Dream ...

You turned around, and when you did it, Sapnap's headband flew by you, which stopped you in place, they were surrounding you, even though they didn't know you were there. 

Wait... did they know you were there?

You calculated the routes, you had nowhere to go, and if you moved, you were in danger of bumping into George, after all, you hadn't seen his convinced face yet. Your hands started to sweat, as did your face and forehead. Unlike the house, all the places you could go in to hide, were locked, and you would rather not put another innocent person in their hands. You wanted to fight. It wasn't like you weren't good with the sword, you were very good, but ... they were better.

You have traced your eyes to the only safest place (and route) to take, the church. The risks would only be that the Church did not open at the right time, but you were sure that the priest would let you in. You took a deep breath, and looked around again, making a point of checking that Dream and his team were not around.

 You ran, you ran as quietly as you could, you passed houses, pastures, fences, all of them without making the slightest noise, your shadow seemed non-existent, just like your presence. Your last steps to the construction of quartz and gold were noisier due to despair. You knocked on the church door as fast and low as you could, still doing your best to make yourself heard from inside. For one and a half minutes, you got no answer.

You wanted to pass out, your legs were shaking, you were in a completely exposed area. Everything seemed to fall apart when you saw Sapnap approaching with George. They were a few moments ahead, they would come to you.

Between internal screams and a heart attack in progress, you wondered where the third man was, and for the trembling of your body once again, you felt a strong hand wrapping your arm and pulling you back.

Your body hitted the ground.

You would be in more panic if you hadn't fallen on the floor of the silent and safe church.

By a miracle, Father Thomas heard your knocking.

Good thing you were in the place where many miracles happen, you would need some for the rest of your week.