27

His body was almost completely torn apart. His clothes ripped and bloody, his figure full of cuts, bullet holes, dog bites. His arms were scarred in purple by the net that was too tight around him. He looked scared, shaken, even though he was the Technoblade, the monster that haunted the snowy tundra, the ghastly man who put fear in others, you could see the confusion and fear in him.

It was weird. That feeling, that sensation, made your stomach turn, but you were there to try to help him, because seeing Technoblade shaken left you shaken.

You turned to the sticks that Atlas had thrown and blasted a hole in the snow with your hand until you reached the dirt floor, stacking them and lighting with the lighter from earlier, you created a small source of heat and light for you two for now.

You crawled to the man and tied the red cape better around his body, so that he was a little more comfortable, he had his hands at his sides, not moving and having trouble breathing.

-Potions won't heal all the wounds. We need to go back.

...

-Techno, I need you to take off the mask first. You need to breathe better, I can see you're struggling.

...

-I'll remove it for you then, ok?

When you noticed he wasn't protesting the action of taking off the mask, you ran your fingers slowly over the top of the pig's head and pulled it up.

All of sudden, you felt the man grab your arm in a hurry; His nails, dirty and bloody, which looked sharper than before, pierced your skin lightly. The mask slid down again as you pulled your callused hands away.

-Technoblade, I won't hurt you. I want to help you, but you need to let go of my arm.

He growled roughly and the hot air of his breath washed over you. Atlas hooted, flapping his wings in anger.

Techno started to lose strength in his wrist and he let go of you, his arm falling back into his lap.

The five puncture marks on your arm were red and you remained in the same position, arms suspended close to his face.

-Please...

He was silent.

You repeated the action and slowly withdrew the pig's head.

-Huh.

His face was an odd combination of a strong face with a droppy nose; Round, bright red hollow eyes; He didn't look olden then twenty five, despite the dark bags under the eyes and scars on the sides of his face.
Strangely, he had perfectly curved lips, but you shouldn't focus on that right now.

You... contemplated, in a way. He was... stunning.

He stared, waiting for something, an answer, a sign, his head felt like it was in turmoil, screaming inside, writhing and saying the most terrible things possible.

Without the mask, he looked like the most ordinary confused man.

You smirked and placed the pig's head in your lap and brought one of your hands to the other's forehead, pulling out the dirty, dark pink hair stuck together with sweat. Techno took a deep breath and you noticed him slightly getting closer to the touch, never breaking eye contact.

-Are you ready to go home now?

Technoblade closed his eyes and stood up slowly, dragging his cloak across the floor. You threw snow over the small fire and grabbed the axe, walking beside each other, leaning your body against his to hold him. Techno's arm went around your shoulder and you walked in small steps on your way back to the cabin, Atlas flying high above you always, keeping watch.