10

The Sun was setting, looking up, you could see the sky in shades of pink, orange and yellow, everything seemed clear, and the best thing was that no one had followed you. You felt a strange emptiness filling your gut, maybe it was fear and the strangeness of leaving it all behind. You feel cold, inside and out. That land was cold and humid, it looked like you were walking in the swamp, but there was nothing there but dark grass, a dirt path, a flowing river and a black wooden hut. You have reached your destination.

You did exactly what Father Thomas taught you. You followed the River of Tears to a high hill, and going up, you found a large field of poppies soon after. You stopped and enjoyed the view for a while before walking with the Sun, and reaching the end of the field, you came across with the way to the northwest, finding the hut at the end of the day. This place was strange, as soon as you stepped out of the poppy hill, the weather changed completely, very cold, very dark, it was a good place to hide tho. You could live there, but the idea of ​​at least being around these people gave you a shiver down your spine. You remember perfectly when you found out what one women in your family did to their family.

You completed the path to the dark wooden hut and purpled roof, whispering flowers were planted near the nerther warts and the blue orchids. No animal seemed to want to get near, not even insects. The purple-painted windows reflected the yellow light from inside. Everything there had appearance of witchcraft , dark witchcraft. You crossed the garden, feeling something very bad, so when you finally reached the dark oak door, a golden lion knocker welcomed you. You took your hand out of the cloak, and with one last look at Atlas, who was hiding inside the potion bag, you hit it three times.

You widened your eyes right away, because the lion holding the knocker lowered his ruby ​​eyes to you, he was inspecting you, checking you. Damn, they were good at magic. A minute passed, and when the door opened, you saw a woman, tall and scowling, she was looking you up and down, it seemed that she was disgusted to get close. You didn't know which of the sisters she could be but after seeing the embroidery of the letter 'M' on her cloak, you guessed it would be Margot. You expected a lot of things from her appearance, like a filthy and disgusting old woman. The things that tell about them were so horrible, that if they were like the witches in fairy tales, you wouldn't be surprised. But that is not what you found.

Margot was a woman of the third age, she had white hair mixed with brown, they were curly and messy. Her face was carried by heavy makeup in shades of purple and green. Her clothes, similar to those of rich ladies of important family, she wore a wine red jumpsuit and a black plush cape. She had white skin and if you didn't know most of the spells, I wouldn't say she was using one to look younger.

The woman looked inside, you did not dare to spy on the house to see something, you preferred not to regret it later. Margot opened her hand in front of you, she was asking for something ... but what? You, not knowing what to do, stared at her, to get some hint of what she wanted. She rolled her eyes.

-The hand.

Margot's hoarse voice broke the silence of the new night. You looked at her hand. You were starting to get nervous, imagine if she finds out which family you come from.

-E-excuse me?

-Your hand! Give me your goddamn hand!

She seemed impatient, so without hesitation, you raised your hand and placed it over the woman in front of you. You shouldn't. Margot grabbed your hand, and from behind the cloak, she took out a silver dagger and in one swift movement she cut the palm of your hand. Your blood was warm, you tried to pull your hand away from her but nothing worked. At the moment, you thought it was a good idea to use the sword that rested on your waist. Then, using your free hand, you grabbed its cable and pulled. You pointed the sword at Margot, who dropped your hand. She kept the dagger in the form of "income". She smiled and went inside. You looked at your hand, worried.