15

You loved having memories. Happy, sad, angry memories, any kind of thing that reminded you that you were human and felt things. In one day lived in that orphanage, one of your caregivers told you that memories were the purest form of humanity, because the fact that you just created something that can stay in your mind forever, was magnificent. You, in turn, remembered lessons and learnings that you collected during your childhood and adolescence. One of them was the famous phrase that your roommate always made a point of passing before everyone went to sleep:

"Everything that happens bad, is for the better".

You would like to meet this friend again one day and question her if this was really true, because your life suddenly became a complete hell.

The knowledge you had was enough for you to compile everything and have your own answer: you were completely fucked. The days seemed to have conspired against you in every way, because after the attack by the horde of the undead, your "quick" walk to Phil's house became a Sisyphus job. After walking another day through the snow, without even paying attention to what was around you, keeping your eyes fixed on the compass, you were lucky to catch a snowstorm that threw you a little away from your normal path, and erasing your footprints, you had no way of knowing where to go, and the fact that you hit your hand on a tree trying to escape from a polar bear that was completely undercover, you threw your compass away, which resulted in you spending a few more worrying and icy hours looking for the lost object. After that, hunger and thirst came back to haunt you, you hadn't eaten anything since last evening, and now, it was almost night. Doing the math in your head, you would say that it was already around 30 hours that you did not eat. Your stomach murmured and ached, your head ached from the cold and hunger, you feel that any wind could bring you down, imagine another storm?

The cold was one of the worst parts, your fingers, the tip of your nose and ears were painted a vibrant red, and the frozen air broke your lungs inside, it hurt to breathe. Your body ached completely, from the effort to keep walking, from the cold, from hunger. Your head ached with the vast and heavy thoughts about Atlas, Dream, Sapnap, Geoger, Phil and all the rest of the concerns and problems that you had and would have, thinking more and more, you would like to just stop thinking at least a little. But if you stopped doing that, who will do it for you? You had no one to take care of your life, you never had anyone.

The next phase started to get worse with the intense cold of the place. Now, another day had passed, more seconds, minutes, hours walking aimlessly. You were supposed to get there, so what the hell is going on here? Another night awake just walking from side to side, coming back and going through mountains, trees and rivers because you didn't pay attention when the compass changed position. Now, you had accumulated 54 hours without eating, you were dizzy and could feel your vision getting blurred a few times. You didn't even know how you were still walking, maybe you just wanted everything to be over soon, having the imagination of a warm cabin, the smell of food and the company of a friend of yours the only way of comfort in this whole situation. You walked and walked without end. Your eyes could not move from the compass now, your left hand seemed frozen on your right arm from having been in that position for a long time, you had been looking for more warmth, since not even your clothes seemed enough for this type of situation anymore. You didn't feel anything on your face, tears didn't fall, nothing. You only felt hungry, very hungry, and in that place there was not a live fruiting plant, you passed your right hand around your torso a few times, just to start feeling your rib. It wasn't even that long ago, but you were already starting to feel so bad.

You just wanted to have your normal life.

When night came again, your body gave way. Your weak and wobbly legs were making you trip until you fell to the ground completely, hitting your face in the snow and thanking weakly for being soft. Your face streaked with dirt and flakes while hitting the floor, making it more dirty, and your body was lying in the shape of a fetus. Your scarf fell at your side and in one last motivation and use of your body for something useful, you grabbed the compass tightly, ensuring that you would not lose it again. You just stayed there, your body cold, looking like a corpse, without moving. Everything seemed to have stopped. And for an instant, you started having memories.

"Everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better, everything that happens bad, is for the better.""

And then you started panicking again. You started to take a deep breath, trying to scream, but your lungs were dry. The dark trees around you seemed to think you was incapable, as well as the bushes and the wind, you started to think you were going crazy. You had been through a lot of stress in a very short time, and maybe it was all taking effect now. Your eyes started to get heavy again, and you started to get sleepy, and sleep was adding to the tiredness, so you just decided to give up and rest. You decide to sleep.

Sleep hoping that tomorrow you would wake up again.

Sleep hoping that tomorrow Atlas would be with you.

Sleep hoping that tomorrow everything would be good for you.

Sleep hoping that the pig monster would not find you during the night.

What nonsense.