We Are Always There For You

Butternut Hollow

Middletown, Connecticut

Girl: *screaming and crying by the playground*

Mother: Stop it!

Me: *getting anxious over the screaming and crying*

SkittishReflections: You okay, buddy?

Me: That girl is screaming and crying, and it's making my anxiety creep up.

themysticalqueen: Oh dear! That can be such a pain in the butt! I hate when little kids act up like that!

Girl: *still screaming and crying*

Mother: *picks up her daughter and puts her in the car* Stop it, right now! We're going home!

themysticalqueen: Hang in there, babe! They're about to leave the park!

Mother: *gets in the car and drives left onto Butternut St*

themysticalqueen: They're gone, babe!

Me: Okay.

Trevor: You alright, my dude?

Me: Yes, I think so.

Trevor: That noise really got to you, huh?

Me: Yes.

Trevor: *pats me on the back* I'm here for you, okay, bro? If we hear another kid crying, we'll go somewhere else, okay?

Me: Okay.

themysticalqueen: *hugs me* We're here for you, okay, babe?

Me: Thanks, babe! *hugs her back*

themysticalqueen: Of course!

SkittishReflections: *hugs me* We care about you, dude!

This story was written on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021.

A/N This is based on a true story. I was at the park today, with a friend. And this girl was crying up a storm, when her mother was taking her to the van. I felt uncomfortable and was about to lose it. It bothers me, when kids cry. Makes my anxiety act up. Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.