Steven Worries About His Aunt In Colorado

Steven: *watching The Weather Channel*

Weatherman: Colorado is expected to get 3 to 4 feet of snow out of this storm, and will not let up, till late Sunday, so this is a long duration storm. And, the worse is yet to come.

Steven: Oh no!

Trevor: Steven, what are you so worried about? You don't live in Colorado.

Steven: I have an aunt that lives there.

Me: Where in CO?

Steven: Denver.

ThatCoolFriend: I'm sure, she'll be fine, Steven.

Diane: Yeah, she probably took the proper precautions, and got lots of water, and other supplies, in case the power goes out!

SkittishReflections: Exactly!

Steven: That's not what I'm worried about! The storm is supposed to last until late tomorrow! Why couldn't it end sooner?

Shawn: That's just the way it is, man! Your aunt will be okay.

themysticalqueen: I agree with Shawn. I'm sure Colorado has been through worse.

Steven: *hears something he doesn't want to hear* What?

Weatherman: Even a possibility, for some thundersnow!

Steven: *stammers* T thundersnow??

Brian: Now, that's a totally rare phenomenon, in winter storms! Doesn't happen very often, though.

themysticalqueen: That's definitely gonna shock a lot of folks in Colorado!

Me: Exactly! Just without the rain!

Steven: It doesn't thunder in a snowstorm! Only with rain!

themysticalqueen: If the ingredients come together, then it's bound to happen! My guess is probably due to some convection in this system!

SkittishReflections: Not to mention, seeing all that lightning on the radar, east of Denver! That's where the heavy rain is, accompanied by some thunder and lightning! You can tell, that thundersnow cannot be ruled out later, during the peak of the storm. When the snowfall rates are 1 to 2 inches an hour!

Melinda: Exactly! And, thundersnow can occur in a blizzard! Thundersnow is a lot different from a thunderstorm, you normally expect during the summertime, when it's all hot and humid!

Me: Fascinating stuff!

Melinda: You know it, dude!

Steven: I gotta call my aunt!

SkittishReflections: Naw! No need to! She's fine!

Steven: I want to call her!

Trevor: No! Watch something else, yeah! Take your mind off that snowstorm! The Simpsons are on! *changes the channel* There!

Melinda: This episode is Homer The Great! Airdate was Jan 8th, 1995!

Me: That's when Homer joined the Stonecutters!

Melinda: That's correct, dude! Number 1 was voiced by Patrick Stewart!

Homer: I think I have to do it again! My blindfold came off!

All Of Us Except Steven: *laughing*

Steven: *still worried about the snowstorm in Colorado*

This story was written on Saturday, March 13th, 2021.

A/N Steven needs to relax, and take a deep breath! His aunt will be fine! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.