5: Going Home

I breathlessly stared at Antonio, at a complete loss for words. Where did he come from? What was he doing here?

An answer to my latter question formed pretty quickly. From the bedroom Antonio had just come out of, a curvy girl emerged. She was twirling her golden hair and had a pouty look on her face.

"Baby, come back," the short blonde whined.

Oh, I thought. Makes sense.

Antonio's eyes ripped away from me to the girl. He opened his mouth, but just then, he was abruptly punched in the face. Of course, the assailant was Buzz. I briefly wondered how he had recovered so quickly.

"Should've known it was you, Brown," Buzz sent a bitter laugh Antonio's way.

"Who else?" Antonio dryly stated, nonchalantly wiping at his bloody nose.

In a blink, he punched Buzz right back. The fight was in full swing.

"Yo, fight!" a kid near the stairs hollered. As if that was a trigger word, nearly everyone within hearing range hurried over to witness the brawl. Cheers and shouts filled the air. What was this, a football game?

"Damn! Antonio and Buzz again?" A girl winced. "Didn't they just fight, like, yesterday?"

My mouth dropped open. Before I could even dwell on the girl's words, a crash made me jump and face the fight once more. Antonio had, again, shoved Buzz into the wall. This time, Buzz had rammed into a glass portrait and it had shattered.

"You're dead, Brown!"

Buzz landed a punch on Antonio's shoulder.

Antonio laughed, eyes practically glittering with amusement. "That's the best you got?"

"Think this is funny?" Buzz growled, swinging at Antonio and missing.

"A bit, yeah."

Antonio launched a punch so heavy that Buzz doubled over and let out a pained cry. That wasn't even the end of it. Antonio kicked Buzz's abdomen, making him roll over and collapse onto his back. The relentless attack against Buzz continued. Even I had to wince. It was clear who was winning. Before the brutal fight could escalate more than it already had, the host of the party pushed through the crowd.

"Guys, cut it out!" He frantically shouted, looking at the broken glass on the floor in horror. When no one listened, he miserably shook his head. "Mom's gonna kill me."

I winced in sympathy before focusing back on the fight. I was on the tip of my toes. Two guys attempted to wrench the boys apart, but Antonio wasn't letting up.

"I've never seen them go at it like this," a voice in the crowd yelped, sounding half-afraid, half-excited.

"Me neither, what do you think they're fightin' over this time?" another voice questioned.

"Who the hell knows when it comes to them," the other one laughed.

Though, the motivation of the fight became clear soon enough.

"Say it," Antonio growled, maintaining a taut headlock on Buzz.

I wondered what he was talking about. Some, including me, held their breaths to hear what was being said.

"I-I'll never do it again," Buzz moaned, clutching his head.

"Never do what?" Antonio barked, his hold tightening.

"I'll never force myself on a girl," Buzz wheezed.

A couple people gasped. A stiff nod from Antonio concluded the fight. He let go of Buzz and pushed away the guys who had attempted to stop the fight. Buzz's limp body lay in a bloody heap on the ground for all to see. I would've thought he was dead if it weren't for the way he pitifully wheezed. I had to remind myself not to feel bad. After all, Buzz had assaulted me. I only shuddered to think of the gruesome act he may have committed if Antonio hadn't come at just the right time.