30: An Accident

"Rose, you have to get up at some point."

I moaned and shook my head. Romano poked my body.

"You've been curled up in here all day."

I ignored him.

"Would you at least get up so I can make my bed?"

I ignored him.

He suddenly pushed me off his bed and I fell to the ground.

"Ouch!" I yelped, rubbing my elbow.

As Romano fluffed his pillows, he stared at me with raised eyebrows. "You might as well go back to your house. He's not coming home anytime soon."

I groaned and dramatically rolled over on the floor. "He has to. He can't go to jail because of me. He just can't!"

Romano shrugged. "Buzz got what was coming to him."

"But it wasn't him that hurt me. It was Finn," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Same thing. They're all pricks," Romano waved off. "That's what they get for bothering my best friend."

I stared at Romano in worry. "But what if he dies?"

Both of us stared at each other, taking in the ominous sentence. Neither of us wanted to admit it, but we both knew it was a possibility.

By first period at school today, everyone had heard the news. Buzz had been rushed to the emergency room last night, and he was now in a coma. His body had been found on the road yesterday night with tire marks—the tire marks of a motorcycle.

Antonio had been missing since yesterday night at the diner. His motorcycle was gone too. The police were searching for the culprit, and everyone in Burnsley knew of Antonio and Buzz's feud. It was only a matter of time before they traced things back to him.

"Buzz isn't gonna die," Romano said. "Antonio has a nasty temper, but he's not stupid. He wouldn't actually kill him. At least not on purpose."

I sighed and mulled over his words.

"Okay," I nodded while getting up. "I should start heading home. Jo's probably wondering where I am. Call me if Antonio shows up."

"Will do. See ya, Ro."

"Bye, Ro."

We waved and I left his house. The orange hues of the sky signified that the sun was about to set, but after much contemplation, I decided to head over to the spot. It'd been a stressful day and I needed to relax.

It took me a while to reach there, as I travelled on foot. Though, the travel was worth it when I saw Antonio sitting in front of the waterfall. I gasped and began to tip toe over to him, though I froze when a branch crunched underneath my foot. Despite his back facing me, Antonio spoke like he knew exactly who was there.

"Flower." He sounded expectant.

"Don't Flower me," I huffed, stomping his way.

I came to a stop beside him and crossed my arms. He squinted and glanced up at me, not saying a word as he casually blew a puff of smoke. I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the grass next to him.

"You skipped school," I said.

He nodded.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked.

"Skip school?"

"No. Why'd you hurt Buzz?"

"What makes you think it was me?" he scoffed in offence.