21: Swimming... Sort Of

"Are we almost there?" I whispered, tip toeing over a branch in the woods.

"Y'know, you don't have to whisper," Antonio said, obnoxiously loud.

"I know, but I feel like I should. It's night time," I explained.

"No one's here but us," he said from his position in front of me.

"Okay, this better?" I yelled, my voice echoing.

Antonio winced and turned around to glare at me. "Are you trying to break my eardrums?"

I innocently giggled. "You said I don't have to whisper."

He rolled his dark eyes and continued walking. We continued the journey for a few more minutes before we finally made our way to the clearing.

It was just as gorgeous as I remembered it being, if not more. The gorgeous waterfall cascaded down in a rhythmic whoosh. Large and full trees surrounded the clear water, and the air was amazingly fresh. Illuminated by the starry night sky, everything was just that much more perfect.

"C'mon," Antonio eagerly tugged me along.

I planted my feet on the ground when we came to a stop in front of the water. To my utter surprise, Antonio tugged off his shirt. My lips parted at the sight of his sculpted six-pack. Nonetheless, I managed to smack myself back into reality.

"What do you think you're doing?" I demanded in shock.

He looked up at me with a boyish grin. "We're going swimming."

I gaped at him. "What? But–I–It's getting cold!"

He ignored me and tugged off his sweatpants.

"My goodness," I murmured and covered my eyes.

There was a brief silence, and I could hear the sound of Antonio approaching me. Slowly, he pried my hands away from my face.

"C'mon, Flower. You'll have fun."

I stubbornly shook my head, using all of my willpower to refrain my eyes from roaming over his defined body—which was pretty hard, considering he was in nothing but a pair of boxers.

"No. Besides, I don't have a swimsuit," I insisted.

"You have your undergarments, right? They're practically the same thing," he gave me a grin.

"I'm not coming," I stubbornly stated.

I wasn't budging. A devious glint flashed through Antonio's eyes and he effortlessly swept me off the ground, carrying my petite body over his shoulder.

"No, Antonio!" I screamed, my heart pounding.

He took amusement in my pleas, believing that this was merely another one of our harmless arguments. However, I wasn't joking this time. Not at all.

Antonio boisterously laughed, and I could feel his shoulders shake. "Live a little, Flower."

He began to move closer to the edge. He was going to jump into the water with me. I was mortified and began to kick my feet.