Chapter 6

Hey everyone, I'm back :D

Picture above is Isadora

sorry for the long wait, its been quite the struggle bus but here is chapter 6. I did my best so I hope that y'all enjoy it! The song above is the one that helped me envision stuff that I needed for this chapter. Also check out Bodies by Drowning Pool for a later scene, you'll know when you get to it hahaha

Enjoy!

Beautiful.

    That was the only word that came into Nicolai's mind as he weaved through the trees in his lion form, relishing in the feeling of being in the open wilderness behind the compound. The trees stood towering over the two forms that glided over their roots with their inhuman speed becoming lost in the vast evergreens of the foliage. The sun peeked through the leaves allowing for rays of light to dance amongst the forest floor bathing the men in its warmth as they ran. Nicolai looked through his lion's eyes seeing the magnificence of nature before him, something that he had dearly missed during his travels to the compound. Out of the corner of his eye shined a bright orange fur that clashed with the light white fur that rested along with it in the sunlight. It was a sight to behold. Aston was a golden tiger, a rare and powerful feeling that was thought to be long lost in the generations of tigers before them, being greatly feared for the power  that they had possessed. Nicolai felt pride at the sight, his mate was a vision to witness and could only be defined with one word.

    Regal.

    Aston felt free. He became immersed in the viridescent woods surrounding him, feeling that it was only him and Nicolai in a realm that they could call their own.The morning had been surreal for him, the sight that had welcomed him with the opening of his eyes had taken his breath away. Nicolai's sleeping form had lay ethereally before him, a sight that felt as if he were to reach out and touch it, it would disappear like a dream. Aston had watched as the rays of the morning sun bathed the sleeping lion in the sea of white sheets surrounding the both of them. The lion's image had looked like a soft work of art in front of his mate, a masterpiece only meant for Aston and Aston alone. Every last detail in place with no imperfections or anything unnecessary to ruin that moment that was only intended for his bright hazel eyes. His heart swelled like it had never done before, looking at the sleeping man with a newfound adoration that had bloomed from the night before. His mate had been at peace, a tranquility that Aston hoped he would witness for the rest of his life and the after, He never wanted that moment to die.

Suddenly the image in his mind's eye slowly started to morph into something else, something that he had thought he had long forgotten in his past. Nicolai's sleeping form was replaced with the body of someone else, a man that Aston knew all too well. The scent of his skin flooded his nose, the tiger becoming intoxicated with the smell of an earthy pine mixed with the warming caress of cinnamon. The rugged man lay before him, his masculine face resting deeply in the calmness of sleep. His warm milk chocolate beard disguising the sharp angular jawline that other men would kill for, his manly features comparable to none. Pain was all that Aston could feel at the sight of the dormant adonis, wishing to stroke the long stubble that he had learned to love so much.

Something large brushed against him.

Aston's vision was suddenly clouded with the massive dark mane of his mate, his eyes catching the golden gaze that even still encaptured his attention. Nicolai's eyes glowed boring into the eyes of the tiger beside him as they ran in unison, neither of their steps faltering. The memory that had plagued Aston's mind dissolved into the recesses of his mind, the man that haunted him leaving him yet again. The tan lion next to him matched his strides, reminding him who Nicolai was to him; his mate. Freedom is what they felt. The togetherness of the feeling pulling at something that resided deep within the tiger, a bond that seemed to tug at the very soul of Aston. He watched Nicolai pull ahead of him, picking up speed looking back at the tiger with a playful gleam in his; it was a challenge.