Chapter 15

I am backkkkkkkk! The will to write anything has returned to me and hopefully I can do things without false promises. I'm glad to have Aston and the Gang back in my life!

"....Wyatt?"

The room froze in a pregnant silence.

No one dared to move as they stared at the former alpha before them, his presence overwhelming the occupants of the room. Aston stared at Wyatt in sheer disbelief, his eyes roaming over the form of his former mentor, tears starting to slightly cloud his vision. Nicolai growled next to him, snapping him out of the stupor he had not known that he had been trapped in. He looked towards his mate to see him watching Wyatt with a guarded expression, his eyes traveling to the pained looks of his elders as they looked at their former alpha. Ransom and Bianca still watched in shock, the others in the room not knowing what to do in the situation.

Aston's gaze focused on Wyatt once more, the sadness from before washing over him like a bucket of freezing water. He had watched his alpha disappear from their eyes. He had watched as the others searched for him endlessly, yet no one had found him. He remembered the hole that had formed in his chest from the realization that he would never see Wyatt again. How his heart had felt so broken.

"Wyatt!" Lydia ran forward, dropping herself at the feet of the tiger shifter, "It is really you Wyatt? My alpha!"

Everyone watched in surprise at Lydia's actions.

"Lydia, come back here now!" Isadora spoke, a warning lingered in her voice.

"But Isadora, it's Wyatt. It's our alpha," Wyatt looked down at the woman at his feet, "He has come back to us!"

Aston's body tensed up at her words.

The room tensed as Wyatt's dark gaze took in Lydia's pitiful form, his head tilting with intrigue. He looked at her with a curious look, the look sending chills down Aston's spine from the fear that started to creep up his body. The former tiger alpha watched Lydia like she was a shiny new toy, something he had never interacted with before that moment. The others could only look in horror, their eyes watching as Wyatt placed a finger at the tip of her chin, making her look directly into his eyes.

"Stand," The deep baritone of his voice washed over the occupants of the room.

His voice felt so familiar to Aston and the other tigers, their bodies reacting to the sound of his voice like an old friend. Wyatt still felt familiar to them. Like he had never left them. Nicolai's growl deepened at the sound of the tiger's voice, his power washing over Aston like an overwhelming tidal wave, but it didn't affect him. Aston slowly blinked, his body becoming aware of the strong presence of his mate beside him, like he had been under a spell.

Aston looked around to see that the others had had a small moment of clarity, their eyes watching as Lydia was brought to her feet. Their eyes filled with tears as they in some small fashion wanted to give into the pull that their former alpha had on them. Aston looked past the others towards Viktor and Kendric standing closer to the wolves, their faces conflicted from watching the odd sight of Wyatt standing so cold before them, something even he was hyper aware of. He may have been their alpha, but the young tiger knew that that moment had not felt right in the slightest; the air felt ominous with a sense of unpredictability. The wolves behind the conflicted elders stood with their hackles raised, their eyes wide and nostrils flared at the sight of Wyatt, leaving Aston confused.