Chapter 7

The picture above is the twins, Emersyn and Eliza!

Hey everyone, I'm back and better than new!  It has been a long a grueling process on getting the inspo for this chapter and finding the motivation to write anything at all. I have had so many things happen recently that have hindered my creative process, but as we know that's life. With help from writing prompts, friendly competition, and my beautiful friends from discord, I finally got the guts to finish this update! I owe an apology to these characters and waiting so long to continue their story, I know I know I'm a horrible writer. But nonetheless here you go!

Song: Gut Feeling by Ella Mai (ft. H.E.R)

ENJOY! (also it's a short chapter and the next will be the same xD)

Three Months Later

    Three months had passed by for Nicolai in the blink of an eye. He had been welcomed by the tiger clan with hesitant open arms, the members looking towards their elders for reassurance on the matter. The thought of a lion becoming their new king was something that did not sit well with them due to them being in the dark regarding their current 'Alpha'. Their reassurance had come in the form of Aston walking up next to the lion and grabbing his hand as an act of affection in front of them. They had been shocked by Aston's openness with his new mate, they had assumed that he would have had to be arranged to marry a person of the same species. It had seemed that fate had made its own decision on the matter.

Nicolai knew that he would not have been very welcomed by the other tigers of the clan, but they had allowed him acceptance into their compound. Moving his pride into the compound had been an event due to the mixing of both species, which had been unheard of. The clashing of lions and tigers had been interesting, the solidarity of the striped felines witnessing the togetherness of his pride seeing the subtle differences in their customs. His sisters had fun with the experience, the youngest of his sisters bringing the tigers out of their comfort zones with her personality, winning them over instantly. His other sisters became close with the elders and the guards of the clan, they themselves becoming a part of their ranks. 

Despite all of the happenings around the compound, the only thing that clouded Nicolai's mind was the progression of his and Aston's relationship. There had been none. They shared the same bed, they had shared many kisses, but they were never able to fully consummate their mating to its fullest extent. It was not that Nicolai had not wanted too, because he did, they just never got past the confines of their clothes. Nicolai remembered the first time that Aston had halted their intimacy when it had become overwhelming, he had assumed that he had done something that his mate did not want, but the tiger had reassured him that that was not the issue. After the fifth time of Aston's subtle rejections, the itch to take things further became harder and harder to ignore, making sure to respect the boundaries of his mate.

Why would his mate reject him?

Did he not feel the bond the same way?

Was there something wrong with him?

The sound of wood crackling from the heat of their fire snapped him out of his thoughts, blinking his eyes he was welcomed to the sight of his sisters mingling amongst themselves.
Adria looked at him with a prying eyes, "It's good to see you join the land of the living little brother."

He looked at his older sister with a shocked expression, "Hmm?"

"She means you've been staring at the fire for the past 30 minutes Nicolai" Emerysn spoke out gaining her brother's attention, "I didn't think you were interested in that kind of wood."
Nicolai gazed at her with a blank expression deciding whether or not he would respond to the subtle joke, the gears in his head turning as he contemplated it. His inner voice wondering if he should talk to his sister's about his current troubles with his hazel eyed mate. His sisters had always been his confidants, they were all he had in this life besides his mate; his only family. His eyes adjusted, taking in their surroundings seeing the other campfires surrounded by the others of the clan, his mate and the elders mixed in with the inhabitants of the compound around them.