Chapter 13

I'm Baaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkk. Did you miss me? 

The song above has been the best motivation for this chapter and the next. 

It felt like there was no sense of time passed within the meeting chamber, the sun blockers had made sure of that, making sure that not a single ray of sunlight interrupted The Gathering. Aston stared at everything but the blue suited man that stood in front of him discussing current issues, taking interest in the decor or the miniscule twitches of the people surrounding him. His focus was particularly fixed on the deadpanned face of Viktor, the elder looked as if he was dying from the exact boredom that was killing him. The man shuffled constantly, seeming to in turn distract his mate, something that was an easy feat as Kendrick, too, just sat and stared at his lover. Aston found it humorous at the interactions of the two men, who's love had defied time, and their ability to be so in tune with one another. It was something he was beginning to envy, his mind starting to reflect on his current 'situation'— the situation being that he had yet to mate with Nicolai and become even closer to him.

"Our border patrol has reported that there have been some disturbances within the outer borders of Falcon Haven. They have stated that they have found the mutilated bodies of other wolves, wolves that were part of other groups on patrol" Aston's eyes snapped forward, looking into the ocean eyes of Edward.

His cold gaze traveled amongst the leaders before him, "Mutilated in what way?"

Everyone's gaze then turned towards Viktor, his face now fixed with a curious expression. Out of the corner of his peripherals, Aston noticed that Nicolai now leaned forward with the intent of knowing why as well.

"The bodies appeared to have precise wounds, like they were intentionally struck in those specific spots for a reason. By the looks of their injuries they were not attacked by any other were-animals that we know of. The gashes were too clean to be done by claws or teeth" a wolf elder explained.

"Allan, what do you mean by specific areas of the body?" Kendrick inquired, the conversation finally capturing his attention.

Allan looked at the tiger elder with his dark dull eyes, his mouth setting into an apprehensive expression at the fact that he would have to explain further. The wolf noticed that all the eyes in the room had settled onto him and him alone. Aston waited to see how the elder would provide even more facts than he already had.

"Some of the bodies had appeared to have been decapitated by what seems to be a sword or sharp bladed weapon, even some bodies having their hearts impaled or ripped out of their chests. The attacks were calculated, like the attackers knew where to strike and how to perfectly combat the wolves in that patrol" Allan said, silent gasps filled the room from a select few elders.

Aston stared in shock at the information, his mind reeling from the possibility of someone or something being able to attack them in such a deadly way, a way that had hardly been possible before. The tiger knew were-animals themselves were extremely durable creatures, a mere human or others like them would have had to cause serious damage in order to injure or kill them. Their healing factor alone allowed for them to heal rather quickly during the heat of a fight, their bodies regenerating most injuries ten times faster than that of a human's healing rate. A single wound healed from anywhere from minutes to hours depending on the severity of it, making were-animals a hell of a kill.

The tiger alpha silently scoffed at the information that the blonde haired elder had presented, his eyes looking to his mate next to him seeing that a dark expression had rested itself upon his face. Nicolai looked dangerously troubled by the news, the tiger noticing a small amount of heat pooling around his mate, power starting to slowly emit from the lion. The lion leaned forward into his hands, looking as if he was conflicted with something that eluded Aston, the dark expression never leaving his face. His mate's actions getting lost in the loud whispers of the elders that surrounded them, Aston noticing not a peep from Bianca or Valentine as their faces remained expressionless.