Chapter 4

Hi Everyone!

The song above for me is the depiction of Nicolai's rage and how he expresses it. 

This chapter was a pain in the butt to write and he my thoughts onto paper with everything that happens in the chapter. Warning there is violence in this chapterThe picture above is River for those who are curious about what he looks like :), he is Aston's best friend and he also has a mate in this story (lets see if you can sniff them out). But other than that here is chapter 4 I hope you like it!

The library darkened, the dim lighting only slightly brightening as the sun fully sank into the horizon giving away to the darkness of night time. Aston sat at the meeting table in the enormous room, watching everyone take their seats around him. Nicolai promptly decided to sit next to his mate making him very aware of his presence, their legs brushing up against each other. The tiger felt comfort and a tingle from the contact giving the lion a small reassuring smile. The events of the day had started to weigh in on his mind as reality started to sink in.

Completely sink in.

Aston had found his mate, a person that most tigers cherish due to their solitary nature. He had never defined himself by his sexuality growing up due to the possibility of his mate being of any gender, hoping for someone strong and kind. The lion next to him was the biggest surprise he could have gotten especially in their world. He remembered Ephraim's outburst prior to their introductions making him realize the long road they had ahead of them.

But he was ready.

"So to break the ice, it looks like we're going to be having two kings instead of just our little Aston," Viktor stated, breaking the silence.

His statement seemed to make the situation before them very real for the elders as they looked at each other before directing their eyes to the twosome across the table from them. Aston looked into the intense stares of his elders, seeing a range of emotions from judgment to concern to happiness aside from the indifference on Kendric's face. The stares made him feel nervous as he tried to maintain his firm guard staring back at them and their intensity. His tension from their stares was broken from a single hand resting on his knee giving it a slight squeeze. He looked down to see Nicolai's strong hand resting on his leg giving him a sense of warmth and stability, his eyes looking up those golden orbs. He felt himself relax, feeling his confidence coming back to him as he took the hand from his leg and interlocked their fingers.

Nicolai smirked, giving his mates hand a squeeze to make him feel more at ease then he already was, the stress starting to slip from his body. Adria and Emersyn, having sat sandwiching the newly mated men, smirked knowing that Nicolai now had a handle on the situation.

Nicolai's smirk disappeared once he turned towards the elders, "Are any of you in opposition to the thought of me being your future king's mate?" his face resembling something that put the elders on edge.