Chapter 11

Hey guys!, I'm back again for another update. Let see if I can keep them coming:). The picture above is Adam. The song is Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin

A flood of power filled the room in a tidal wave of coursing smoldering heat, the alphas becoming overwhelmed and hyper aware of their surroundings. Aston appeared between the vampire queen and his mate, his eyes glowing brightly like smoldering coals, his presence becoming very oppressive within the confines of the office. He was greeted by Bianca with cold eyes and bared fangs, a deep hiss reverberating throughout their surroundings menacing as she started to back away. Nicolai had become all but quiet from behind Aston, the feeling of his power washing over his mate unaffecting him. In the background, a deep guttural growl escaped the throat of the wolf alpha adding to the possible threat, Aston knowing that both of his comrades had not expected this.

Aston's eyes never left the icy stare of the vampire queen before him, his unwillingness to back down as his tiger roared from deep inside him, the beast awaking from its soothing slumber. A loud thud hit his ears in the midst of his actions, out of the corner of his eyes seeing Adam falling to his hands and knees in submission, the beta visibly fighting the suppression of the power. The beta coughed as if he were choking on the power that poured from Aston like a waterfall, the energy from the tiger pressing Adam metaphysically further into the floor.

"What is the meaning of this!" Bianca hissed, trying to fight the onslaught of heat that enveloped her, "Where did you acquire this type of power?!"

Aston did not answer, just continued to stand defensively.

"Seems like you have a lot of explaining to do, mi gatito" Ransom snarled angrily, "You and this lion of yours!"

Aston felt Nicolai slowly calm from behind him, silently knowing that his power had calmed him from attacking Bianca and starting a war that neither had wanted. A strong gripped his shoulder, the feeling of his mates presence like a ghost at his back yet the lion was within an arm's reach.

"ANSWER ME, ASTON" Bianca screeched, her eyes switching between the two felines trying to find an answer.

"The answer to your question is that this power that you feel is all mine" Aston answered.

"I can fucking tell, but where did you get it?"

"Nowhere."

"What does that even mean, Aston?" Bianca snarled, baring her fangs once more, "Power like this doesn't just appear out of thin air."

"Would you believe me if I said it did?" Aston replied, his face remaining blank as his stance became neutral.

"You expect us to believe that this power has been with you all along, mi gatito?" Ransom interrupted, making sure to get a word in.

Aston continued to watch Bianca, his eyes unwavering, his stare visibly making the vampire angrier at the act of defiance that hid behind the tiger's hazel eyes.

"Explain. Now." Bianca demanded.

Aston sighed looking at his dear friend, her body tense from his stare and the evident irritation evident from the wolf alpha behind him.

"It started the day that I met Nicolai, me and Rhea were coming back to the compound and my tiger suddenly became restless during the drive. At first the power came slowly before filling the entirety of Rhea's car like a sauna, it made her choke and almost submit like Adam is now. The power even spooked my guard detail of the compound, they had surrounded the vehicle faster than I had ever seen before", Aston explained, feeling a slight squeeze of reassurance from his mate, "It even scared River. The moment that he instructed us to open the window of Rhea's car is when it was able to calm down, but it released itself again after I met Nicolai. I had gotten angry at Ephraim and brought everyone to their knees, Nicolai was the one to teach me how to control and reign it in."