Chapter 8

*The picture above is of Viktor*

Hey guys! I'm back yet again like I promised, honestly I was surprised I was able to get this out as fast as I did. This chapter is of Aston this time, he's going to take his turn now. This chapter gave me some feels and I hope it does the same for you.

The song: Can't Let You Go by Ali Gatie (Aston song for this chapter)/ I Wish I Was The Moon by Ewan J Phillips (Nicolai's Song for the chapter). These songs are uwu.

Nicolai wanted to talk.

Aston's nerves had gotten the best of him as they walked away from the warmth of the campfires, entering the soft silence of the night. The moon shone down on them illuminating their way to the grassy patch that his mate had pointed out. Aston looked back at the others retreating forms, wondering if they had been surprised by Nicolai's statement like he had. His sisters had seemed content leaving them to their own devices, maybe silently hoping that them being alone would solidify any issues that they had, or that was what Aston had assumed.

A million reasons for this situation ran through the tiger's mind as they settled into the grass, their bodies becoming caressed by the coolness of the blades underneath them. It was strangely comfortable, Aston stared in wonder at the stars before him, a sight that he rarely got to look at due to his lack of time as of late. His relationship with Nicolai had progressed very slowly over the last few months, the level of their bonding coming down to simple touches and breathless kisses. He had felt unsure in himself, the lack of intimacy reminding him that he had held back on purpose, being with Nicolai had felt so right yet so wrong.

Nicolai was his mate and their bond had seemed to rock his very world, but the pair of chocolate eyes that haunted his dreams and reality had become too much for him. It had invaded their personal time, not allowing for his feelings to flourish with his mate like it should have in the last few months. The looks of love that those golden orbs had held in them many times had pained him, he felt so unworthy of those feelings that seemed to radiate from behind them, his own feelings feeling so conflicted.

"It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is out here without the lights of the city" his mate's voice had snapped him out of his stupor.

He looked over towards the lion, seeing his eyes staring into the night sky with wonder, his hazel eyes looking down to see that their hands were surprisingly still joined, the feeling of his touch feeling so right to him. The guilt flooded him once more. His eyes followed Nicolai's gaze, his vision opening up once more to the majestic sight of the night sky, a sense of calm starting to battle the guilt within him. The stars glittered like diamonds in the sea of the midnight sky, the cosmos flooding the heavens with an arrayment of colors that seemed to keep the two males in a state of awe. The waning moon shining brightly amongst the army of stars that seemed to protect it from all types of harm.

"It is quite amazing, isn't it?" Aston replied, stealing his gaze from the spectacle before him to look once more at his mate.

Nicolai had looked so breathtakingly handsome in the light of the moon, the masculinity of his features causing Aston to feel a tight warmth coil itself within his stomach. It reminded him of that butterfly feeling that he had heard from others when it had come to talking about matters of the heart, Rhea saying that it felt comparable to an unshakeable sense of certainty. He could have looked at his mate like this forever.

"But not as amazing as you are, kitten" Nicolai's golden eyes turned to stare deeply into his, the tiger's heart fluttering at the reply.

Aston's face burned a bright crimson, his heart thudding in his chest so loud that he had been so sure that Nicolai could have heard it from where he lay.

AstonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara