Chapter 10

Hey guys! I'm back T-T please forgive me. BIANCA HAS ARRIVED, above will be her likeness and a song that literally embodies her

    Aston stood planted in the entrance of the pack house, his mate still growling at the wolf alpha, who was still staring at him with deep blue eyes. The help had suddenly honed in on his mate, their eyes watching the lion, slightly glowing in retaliation to the possible threat that his mate had posed. Nicolai was an Alpha, and a lion at that, they knew that he would have a chance of being evenly matched with the alpha, a chance the help was not willing to take. The tiger knew that they would sacrifice their lives for the wolf, taking the brunt of Nicolai's current aggression.

He squeezed the lion's hand once more, "Let's take this inside, hm? The help needs to finish getting the grounds ready for everyone to arrive."

Nicolai's head snapped towards him before looking at his surroundings, the wolves around them watched him with cautious eyes, a yellow glow flickering behind their eyes giving him a warning. Aston had turned his hazel eyes towards Ransom, giving him a knowing look at which the wolf alpha received loud and clear, the wolf turning on his heels to walk into the massive home.

The couple followed quickly after, their gazes never leaving the broad back of the wolf before them. The entrance to the home enveloped them as they entered, their eyes becoming overwhelmed with a sea of white and shades of brown. The packhouse radiated a sense of simple elegance, the cleanliness of the home still shocking Aston. Wolves were notorious for being more on the animal side of the spectrum when it came to the way that they lived their lives, straying more towards the raw and animalistic customs. The tiger had been surprised that there were not pack members walking through the packhouse in the nude; it had startled him when he had first noticed it, knowing that it would have been an event if Nicolai were to bear witness to it.

Ransom led them deeper into the abode, Nicolai visibly becoming awe struck at the regalness of the house. He stared at the rustic elegance that was Ransom's home, his eyes taking in every detail of the architecture that surrounded them. The earthy tones reminded the lion that the wolves were very different from the tigers, the colors giving him a homey feel as well as an intense sense of warm comfort.

Aston followed behind the two men, his eyes travelling down to the interlocked hands of him and his mate. It was simple yet the tight grasp of Nicolai's grasp made him grin, he knew that the talk that awaited him when Ransom had taken them to where he wanted them to continue their conversation. The tiger watched as Ransom approached two large brown oak doors, their design sleek and thick, their structure giving the ambiance of high security. Any type of were-animal could decimate any door of any kind on brute strength alone, but the doors that the alpha swung open with ease would be able to hold their own against anyone.

They entered the room with haste, Ransom spinning on his heel to come face to face with the lion that was close behind, looking down with a hard glare that made Aston feel a level of irritation that he had never felt before. Ransom was his friend, he was someone that the tiger had come to know over the last few years, yet watching the alpha look at his mate the way that the wolf did set him on edge. For the first time in six months he felt a deeper connection to Nicolai, watching the lion not back down from the glare that he was receiving, visibly triggering the wolf alpha.

"Tell me the meaning of this union, Aston?" Ransom growled, his alpha voice slowly reverberating in the room around him.

"What do you mean by union?" Aston stated, noticing that the two alphas were a short distance from him. When had Nicolai let go of his hand?

"Is this mating real or something that you both did to strengthen your respective groups, mi gatito?" Ransom's eyes never back down from Nicolai's as he asked his question directed towards the tiger.