Chapter 1

The photo above is of Aston 

  The sun huddled close to the horizon threatening to leave the world in a shroud of darkness before it was ready. Pinks and purples filled the sky dancing along with the clouds bringing a subtle beauty to the land below. Aston sat staring at the scene before him, his legs dangling off the cliff that stood towering over the hustle and bustle of the city below. The sounds of traffic and citizens filled his ears as he listened to the humans go about their lives.

"Why am I not surprised to find you up here?" A voice chuckled behind him.

Aston snapped out of his trance looking behind himself to see a statuesque woman standing with her hands on her hips and a smirk. Her strawberry blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders framing her heart shaped face elegantly. The woman wore a red v-shaped dress that hugged her hourglass figure, exaggerating her beauty that made even models jealous.

Aston smiled, "Are they freaking out that bad? That they had to send the infamous Rhea Willow to track me down?"

Rhea walked towards him with a chuckle, her heels clacking against the stones of the cliff as she approached him gracefully. Aston stared at her a little surprised, due to the fact that she had not found him sooner since she was technically the leader of the finding Aston committee. He stood staring into her bright eyes with his hazel ones as they briefly glowed with the setting sun never ceasing to amaze her. His rectangular face and slightly defined cheekbones only added to the subtle beauty Aston seemed unaware of. He wore a simple white t-shirt that was a little too tight, leaving nothing to the imagination in regards to his muscular body. His muscular swimmer's build started to bulge from underneath his clothing, coiled and ready for anything. He wore a simple pair of blue jeans that were somewhat faded, hugging his hips perfectly as he walked towards her avoiding the edge of the cliff. Aston stood at an impressive six foot two inches as he only slightly looked down to meet Rhea's ice blue eyes with humor.

"You know how they are Aston, once you forget to check in regularly they get antsy about where their future Alpha has run off to. Remember you are a very important person and freedom is something of a crime." She teased.

Aston rolled his eyes at her statement, "Gods! They really need to pull the sticks out of their asses before I decide to rip them out."

Rhea laughed knowing that the man in front of her was right; the elders of their clan always fussed over him not giving Aston space to breathe. The elders had hoped that an Alpha worthy of being their leader would show up for years leading them to find the blonde before her. Aston's family had joined the clan soon after he was born, technically taking him out of the running since he was an outsider. Once he had hit puberty everything changed. His power shocked them and left them a little wary of his loyalty due to not being born into the clan. The size of his tiger scared them even more, making them believe that there was something abnormal about him, but after examining his physiology they found him to be pure.

"I'm sure they would enjoy that if it was coming from you!" She laughed.

Aston shivered at the thought of it, "Thank you for those nightmares..." he said grimacing.

He knew she didn't feel any remorse for giving him those thoughts as she continued to laugh at his disdain for the cumbersome elders that were plaguing his life. Aston's tiger growled within him baring its teeth at her even though she could not see it from the outside. The tiger's irritation only fueled Astons as his hazel eyes started to glow making Rhea raise an eyebrow in question.

"Calm down Aston, it was just a joke." Rhea said sarcastically.

"I know, but still it's irritating they always have to send you anytime I'm 'missing' and you also happen to be my best friend so you know all of my hiding spots," he growled "Those old farts really need to find a new pastime instead of being up my ass."