Chapter 14

This chapter is the one I've been waiting for. Above is the song that helped me with this chapter.

Enjoy guys!!!!

The meeting room roared with the bombardment of questions and answers from both sides; Everyone trying to point fingers in many directions but one.

"It seems that you have some explaining to do, Aston" Edward asked, his voice steadily calm despite the excitement of the others, "Your pairing has got my Alpha in quite the frazzled state."

Aston glared at the wolf, "His reaction is not my responsibility, and you know that Edward."

They had blocked out the others, their eyes boring into each others'. Aston knew he could not stand down to Edward, especially with the possibility of Nicolai losing his temper in the process.

That would make things complicated.

"It may not be your responsibility, but it does not take away from the fact that two of our fountain heads do not acknowledge your mate as your mate. Which, in hindsight, gives you very little leg to stand on at the moment," Edward explained with a small smirk.

Edward was trying to back him into a corner.

"Ransom and Bianca will have to deal with what destiny has set out for us," Aston growled, "You seem to have forgotten—in that ignorant little brain of yours— that I am the figurehead of my clan. My mating may not be completed, but I still have power here Eddy."

Edward's stoic demeanor started to crack at the sound of the nickname. The tiger could feel the stares of the others, their stares watching him warily as his words spoke of the potential for war. Aston could feel the hot and cold energies from his friends starting to flood the room, the others withdrawing within themselves. He had started something he knew he would have to finish.

"I'd watch your tongue boy, " The wolf spoke with power, "Just because you have mated with a lion alpha does not mean you forget your place. Such a pairing is not natural in our world."

"Maybe you should say that to your own Alpha, Eddy" Aston sneered, his power starting to leak out just in case.

"You crass little cub! Like I would allow you, a tiger, to mate with our alpha. The council would have forbidden it the moment we caught wind of it," Edward spat, slightly wincing as felt power rushing over him from Ransom.

Edward had spoken out of place in front of his alpha, and Aston knew it. But it did not stop the wolf from speaking his mind. A cough broke through the tension. Everyone looked to the seat next to Bianca, the vampire sitting as if she had become bored of the situation before it started. Aston locked eyes with her, seeing that his comment earlier had made her twitch with annoyance, but she still felt the same. The tiger breathed a mental sigh of relief, his eyes then traveling to the person sitting next to her. Valentine stood with the regalness that only a jungle cat carried in their body, his long hair flowing like black rivers down his body.

"Actually despite what you believe," Valentine spoke, with a raised brow towards Edward, "Mix breeding is very common in other countries. Your country is the only country that is against a mixing of the breeds, even if they are mates."

Edward looked back at the jaguar, his eyes looking up to meet the bright eyes of Indemnis, the vampire giving the wolf a silent nod.

"It is still not right." The wolf replied.

"I mean, neither are the human women that you fuck when you think the others do not know of your actions," Aston chuckled, "So you speaking of the indecency of my pairing seems to not have much of a leg to stand on Edward."