xi. circumstantial validity

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter eleven❝circumstantial validity❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter eleven
❝circumstantial validity❞

"SLOAN," BABY SAID OUT LOUD, SEEMINGLY NOT UNDERSTANDING THE WORDS COMING OUT OF HER MOUTH NOR THE SITUATION IN FRONT OF HERE. "Sloan?—Sloan! You're here ... what—what are you doing here?"

"You're such a weirdo," the older brunette said. "I'm staying here for a month or so, there was a chickenpox outbreak on campus and they sent everyone home for a few weeks."

"Well—huh, isn't that a predicament?" The blonde stood there, uncomfortably shifting her weight back and forth between her feet. "I'm so glad you're here!" She said, forcing herself to sound perkier than she actually was while she threw her arms around her older sister. If this had been a normal day, she wouldn't have to fake it, but after having the hottest kiss she had ever had, it was hard to focus on anything else. "But it's late, and I'm really tired, long day and all."

"I get it, the drive here whooped my ass." Once the two disconnected, Sloan sat back down at her seat at the counter, pulling her phone out. "I can't wait to talk to you about life in the morning."

"Neither can I," Baby agreed. "I love you, see you in the morning, goodnight."

Without waiting for a response, Baby almost ran upstairs, wanting nothing more than to be alone. When she reached the top of the stairs, Cooper just exited the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist and hair dripping. He took into account his sister's messed up hair and smeared makeup, thoughts he'd rather not have started filling his head.

"Why do you look like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you just got fucked."

A look of disgust and offense ran over Baby's features. She scuffed.

"You are a pig, Cooper. Get your mind out of the gutter and get the hell out of my face."

She shoved past him, shoulders colliding harshly. He went to grab her wrist as she walked away, but the jerk of her arm made him fall flat. He walked after her, arm grabbing her bedroom door as she tried to close it. She groaned, throwing her bag to the ground and turning to her brother.

"What happened?" He demanded.

"Nothing. Now get out of my room."

"I don't believe you, Baby. You're a really shitty liar."

"God, why can't you just mind your own business for one second?" Her voice raised along with the frustration she felt. "Meredith asked me some real messed up question about her aunt dying so I started crying, hence the smudged makeup. The messy hair is from cheering for three hours." Her fists balled, not wanting to stop. "I never interrogate you when you come home late smelling like alcohol with red lipstick smudge over your lips because I don't care. Why can't you be like any other brother and bud out."