xii. one step forward, three steps back

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter twelve❝one step forward, three steps back❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter twelve
❝one step forward, three steps back❞

"I NEED YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME," MADDY STATED TO BABY. The older girl had pulled them into a more secluded area of the hallway, waiting for most people to clear the hall.

"What's so important that you're making me late for psych?" Baby joked, her smile quickly fading when she saw how serious her counterpart was being.

"I need you to look through Nate's phone."

"What?" Baby was shocked at the request. It was such an invasion of privacy. "I can't just do that!"

"Yes you can," Maddy insisted. "Please, Baby?" She grabbed the younger girl's hands, batting her eyes—looking more beautiful than ever. "You owe me."

Baby swallowed thickly, she did have a point. Her stomach dropped as suppressed memories from the night she begged Maddy for her forgiveness ran through her mind. The guilt she felt that night coming back to her. She did owe Maddy, she hooked up with her boyfriend. And she did say she would do anything.

"Maddy ..."

"Please."

"Okay, fine."

Maddy's hold on her bottom lip and concerned eyes turned to a wide smirk and batting lashes. She pulled the blonde girl closer by their entangled hands and wrapped her arms around her waist, burying her face in the blonde's neck. Baby froze momentarily, her brain going into overdrive. She slowly wrapped her arms around Maddy, feeling the warmth of her body flood over her.

The older girl pulled back to place a kiss on the fair-skinned girl. The moment her lips collided with her cheek, a surge of electricity flew through Baby's body

"I love you, Baby," Maddy said, just like the night she dropped off the blonde after all the crying and begging.

"U-uh ..." Baby stood with her mouth hung open, her hands resting just below Maddy's bosom and Maddy's still holding onto her waist. "I ... uh... I love you too, Maddy."

Maddy smiled and her eyes glared with mischief. 

"We're still on for the carnival, right, Baby?"

"Yeah, of course," the blonde smiled. "I can't wait."

Maddy blew the younger girl a kiss before making her way to her class. As she walked away, a smirk appeared on her face. She knew the effect she had on the sweet blonde girl, she was like a puppy, desperately waiting to be trained. It was a delicious rush every time they were together. It was empowering to have someone want her enough to do anything she asked. Even though Nate would do anything, his love wasn't like Baby's devotion. His was dark, wicked, but Baby's was pure and light. Baby's love was everything.

Baby's hand gently touched the place Maddy's lips had touched her skin. She was beat red and she didn't know why. Maddy was just a friend, no one is supposed to react this way when a friend kisses your cheek.