iii. safely sleeping

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter three❝safely sleeping❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter three
❝safely sleeping❞

FROM THE MOMENT JULES' EYES LANDED ON BABY, SHE KNEW THAT SHE HAD JUST FOUND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE SHE WOULD EVER KNOW. The same was to be said for Baby. She didn't know how or why but she knew, deep in her gut, that Jules was something special. Something that would change her life irrevocably.

It only took a week for Baby to invite Jules over. Usually, it took her sometime to warm up to knew people and even more time to ask them to spend the night. But with Jules it was different, it was easy.

When the two blondes approached the rather large house, Baby noticed that all of the cars were in the garage and the parking lot. She stopped her friend, grabbing her hands softly in hers.

"Are you gonna purpose to me?" Jules asked with a giggle. "Cause I think it might be a bit too soon."

"No, I just wanted to warn you about something."

"You're scaring me, Babe."

Baby's cheeks grew red at the nickname only Jules called her.

"It's nothing terrible or anything, but I just wanted to tell you that Madds and Cooper are gonna like you."

"That doesn't sound like a bad thing."

"It is, trust me."

The seriousness in Baby's usually soft voice unsettled Jules. She only nodded in response, not sure what to say. They stood in silence for a minute before Baby's smile reappeared and she lead them to the door.

The night went over smoothly until dinner. As everyone slowly made their way to the table, Baby's anxiety raised. She hated the glances Cooper or Madds would shoot Jules here and there, it made her blood boil.

She knew it wasn't a great thing to be this protective over someone she had just met, but she never got to have people that were just for her. That sounds possessive and selfish, and Baby was aware, but it was the truth. She never got to have people that were only in her life. Her brother and her sister always found a way to take them away. Whether that be becoming best friends with them or sleeping with them, they always found a way.

"So, girls, how is summer school?" Jessica asked as she passed her husband the mashed potatoes.

"It's good," Baby said, Jules smiling and nodding along. "The people are nice."

"Where are you from, Jules?" Cooper asked bluntly.

"New York."

"I went there one summer, it was hot, just like the girls." Cooper sent the blonde a wink before looking down at his plate with a smirk.

Baby stared daggers at her brother while a slight red tint was brought to Jules' cheeks. The topic changed, but Baby's eyes never moved. It was the smallest comment but it was all she could think about. This was supposed to be a new place with new people. And the first person she found was already being taken from her, like it always was.