ii. baking mishaps

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter two❝baking mishaps❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter two
❝baking mishaps❞

BABY HAPPILY TOLD HER PARENTS ABOUT HER NEWFOUND EMPLOYMENT AT DINNER THAT EVENING. It was the kind of news that brought a pang of envy rushing through Madds and Cooper. Baby could tell from the displeased and annoyed faces on her siblings and she honestly couldn't blame them. Especially because of the comments their parents had to make at the news.

"Oh, Baby, that's marvelous!" Jessica cheered after hearing the news. "Look at that, we've only been in town for two weeks and you've already got a job."

"Maybe your brother and sister could learn a thing or two," Ben joked with a smile. "I'm very proud of you, Baby."

Baby just smiled, taking a bite of her Brussels sprouts. She new better than to say "thank you, daddy" even though it seemed like the most natural thing to say. She knew Cooper and Madds were already pissed, no need to rub it in even more.

"I have good news as well," Jessica started. "I just found a lovely job in real estate."

The family congratulated their mother as they continued to eat their dinner. The conversation continued to switch every so often until their meal was finished. Baby decided to take care of the dishes even though Jessica insisted she didn't need to.

That was another reason why Cooper and Madds were easily pissed off by their youngest sibling—she was such a suck up. The thing is that she really wasn't, she just did things that made her seem that way. She genuinely liked helping her mother around the house; cooking, cleaning, tending to the garden, laundry. It was soothing and helped Baby clear her mind.

She didn't mean it as a way to suck up but that's how her siblings took it, and that was all that mattered.

Later that night, when Ben and Jessica were asleep, Madds came into her sisters room.

"Hey," Baby said when she noticed the redheads presence. She closed her anxiety journal and turned towards her. "What's up?"

"Why are you babysitting for someone you don't even know?" Madds questioned.

"I don't know, Meredith is a nice kid and Mr. Jacobs is very kind. Why do you care? You babysat for Mr. Kolson back at home."

Madds let out a wicked giggle, "Cause I was sleeping with him." Baby's eyes widened with shock, causing Madds to let out another laugh. Baby suspected as such—actually almost knew for a fact, but she never brought it up because she didn't want to believe it. "What? Guy was a dilf. Gave good head too."

Baby rolled her eyes and scuffed. "Is that why you came in here? Just to inform me about your inappropriate relationships with older men."

"No, I came in here to ask you why you're babysitting for someone you don't even know," Madds repeated.