xx. a perfect cacaphony of the inevitable

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter twenty❝a perfect cacaphony of the inevitable❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter twenty
❝a perfect cacaphony of the inevitable❞

AS A SWEET BLONDE LAID ON HER CHEST, HER NOSE WHISTLING IN THE SOFT SONG OF SLEEP, MADELIENE PEREZ LAID AWAKE, STARING AT THE CEILING. Even though Baby was long asleep, Maddy couldn't help herself but rub smooth, soothing circles into her friend's back. She had been lying awake for hours, she couldn't, not when she felt feelings for her best friend she didn't understand.

It didn't make sense for her to be in love with Baby. Where were those feelings even coming from? Maddy scattered her brain for such reasons and she found a lot more than she originally thought there would be.

Baby was the kindest person Maddy had ever met, but those feelings don't equate to love. Baby did go out of her way for others, she was sweet but not tooth-rotting, she was sympathetic. Her boyfriend's mouth had also been on Baby's pussy before. That should have been something that infuriated Maddy, right? That should have been something that made her end the friendship right then and there. She still could have forgiven Baby but she could have dropped her along with it. Why did she forgive Baby like she did?

Maddy knew why she had before the words ever came out of her mouth. Baby was that kind of person you only come across once in a lifetime. Baby was the most loyal person in the world. She trusted blindly and she loved hard. Perhaps that's why Maddy kept the blonde so close—because that kind of loyalty could be a weapon in someone else's hands.

Maddy felt protective over Baby as soon as she met her. She didn't want anyone to harm her. She didn't want to harm her either but mold her. Perhaps Maddy had loved Baby the whole time but she didn't know it until it was right in front of her.

No matter what the case was, Maddy didn't have a chance. Even if she was one hundred percent certain about her feelings for the other girl, she was with Nate and Baby was with Andy. It wasn't the right time. Even if Maddy could break everything off with Nate tomorrow, she could never ask Baby to do that with Andy. It would be devastating for Baby. The terrifying part about all that was that if Maddy had told Baby everything in the morning, Baby would do anything she asked.

-

"MY PARENTS JUST THINK IT'S BEST IF I DON'T WORK HERE WHILE THE INVESTIGATION IS STILL GOING ON," BABY SAID MEEKLY.

The whole day she had been dreading this moment. She didn't want to stop working for the Jacobs. Despite all of the shitty things that had happened with Nate and Cal, she loved Meredith more than anything in the entire world, and Marsha wasn't too bad either. Besides all that, the pay was great too. 

Baby saw as Marsha rubbed her temples, her stomach turned in knots.

"I trust that Nate didn't do what everyone is saying, but my parents are just trying to be protective."

"I know, Baby," Marsha sighed. "I can't blame them."

Though the notion that someone didn't believe her son was innocent was supposed to be something that piss a mother off, Marsha knew that her son had actually done it. She knew how violent and dark he could be. She was less upset about the view that Walters had on her son and more stressed out that they weren't going to have a babysitter for a while.