xix. i want you when i'm sleeping, i want you when i'm awake

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter nineteen❝i want you when i'm sleeping, i want you when i'm awake❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter nineteen
❝i want you when i'm sleeping, i want you when i'm awake❞

THE THING ABOUT STORMING OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AFTER GETTING IN A FIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY IS THAT EVEN WHEN YOU CALM DOWN, YOU CAN'T GO BACK HOME. It was pride, really. Baby didn't want to apologize for yelling. She felt bad for it but she didn't regret the words she said. She meant them. It wasn't just angry I-want-to-hurt-you ramblings. Though the anger was what brought the words out of her, she meant them.

Baby stooped in her anger for a while. She walked aimlessly around East Highland with no real rhyme or reason. She just didn't want to go home, she felt like she couldn't go home. For the first time in her entire life, Baby wasn't raising home, balling her eyes out, collapsing to the floor with guilt for raising her voice at her parents. For the first time ever, Baby Walters wasn't going to fucking apologize.

After an hour of just walking around, Baby decided that she would make her way back to Andy's. As she was about to take off in the direction of Anderson's, her phone started to ring. Anxiousness swarmed in her stomach as she read 'maddy-daddy' on the caller ID.

"Hello?" Baby said.

"Come over."

"Yes, okay, I'll come over right now. Are you okay, Maddy? I am so worried about you." 

"No one's home. Just come over, okay?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, the line went dead. Baby quickly turned around and made her way to Maddy's house.

It seemed that Baby had arrived to Maddy's in the blink of an eye. Her thoughts were so engulfed in the idea of being with her friend that everything else just disappeared. When Baby arrived at the Perez residence, she simply entered the home just like Maddy had instructed her to do.

She slipped her converse off by the door and made her way through the quiet home to her friend's pink bedroom. 

Baby sucked in a breath as her hand slowly turned the doorknob. It felt like a million years before the door was opened enough for her to see Maddy's figure. Tears had started to boil in Baby's eyes as she saw how disheveled Maddy had looked. There were dark circles under her eyes, her hair looked disheveled and greasy, and her posture was horrible. Baby had never seen her friend like this before. She had never seen Maddy Perez look defeated.

Baby closed the door behind her as she made her way to the bed. Maddy looked up at her from where she laid on the bed. Baby gave her a small smile and Maddy reached for her hand. The blonde walked around the bed before climbing in, making her front flush with Maddy's back.

Baby's arm wrapped around her friend's waist and buried her face in the crook of her neck. She felt as Maddy's back relaxed against her. Maddy entangled her hand with the one that was placed on her stomach.