i. starting something

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter one❝starting something❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter one
❝starting something❞

THE WALTERS FAMILY MOVED TO EAST HIGHLAND THE SUMMER BEFORE BABY'S SOPHOMORE YEAR. She had been the least reluctant out of her siblings to move. She wasn't thrilled, but she knew that her dad was going to be happy at his new job and that made Baby happy.

Ben Walters would become the head of cardiothoracic at Mercy East, the number four hospital in the U.S. Ben's profession meant that there wasn't much time to be home, so when Jessica insisted that she wanted to start a family, she had to be a stay at home mother. For the most part she was okay with that and continued to be okay with it for awhile. When her youngest, Baby, turned six, she thought it was time to return to the working field—specifically going into real estate.

Even though Baby was giving her parents the least amount of grief for the move, she was the most anxious. She found it easy to make new friends, but she was never really found of those first few days where you were all alone. Her nerves were settled when they arrived in the suburb town. She found it quite calm ... maybe a bit too calm.

Baby slid her converse on, checking the rooms of her siblings on her way to the stairs. Madds was laying on her bed with her phone to her ear talking to one of her friends, letting out a few giggles and gasps. Baby contemplated leaning against the doorway to get her sisters attention, but she decided against it. When she past Cooper's room, she saw him holding a cigarette between his lips and lighting it. He removed the toxin from his mouth with his pointer and middle finger, sending his youngest sister a wink before closing his door.

Baby rolled her eyes at her brother before making her way down the steps. Her mother was still in the process of decorating the house. They had finally got all of the essentials unpacked after being at the new own. A few family portraits were placed throughout the house and though they seemed like a lot, it was only half.

When Baby got to the kitchen, she saw her mother on her laptop with a smile on her face.

"I think I'm gonna go for a walk," Baby said with a smile.

"Okay, Baby, don't be out too late," Jessica said, kissing her youngest on the forehead before turning back to her screen as Baby left.

Baby pulled the sleeves of her baby blue sweater over her hands as she walked through the streets of her new community. She saw kids playing in their green lawns, mother's working on their gardens, and father's on their girls. It seemed picture-perfect. It both soothed her and freaked her out. She had always liked the idea of picket white fences and she had always lived that kind of life as well, so it all seemed normal.

Baby's mind started to wander about how her life would be like here. At her old town she had good friends and a good life, be it as normal and boring as it was, it was still good. She had taken gymnastics and dance since she was six, but she couldn't muster up enough courage to tryout for the competitive cheer team. It was also when her undiagnosed panic and generalized anxiety disorder were at there worst.