xxiv. have you ever heard of knocking?

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter twenty-four❝have you ever heard of knocking?❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter twenty-four
❝have you ever heard of knocking?❞

SOMETIMES WHEN BABY THOUGHT A BIT TOO HARD, SHE BELIEVED THAT SHE COULD PUT JACKIE KENNEDY TO SHAME. If Andy was her JFK, she would do anything to please him forever. She wanted to give him everything she had and more, he meant the world to her. She had never met someone as beautiful as him and she doubted she'd ever meet someone like that again. He truly was one of a kind.

He was the missing piece to the puzzle that was East Highland. Ever since he came into her life, everything started falling into place. The last time life had been this good for Baby was a few months before she left Seattle. Her grades were perfect, she was getting along with her family, there was no drama (or at least no more than normal) with her friends, and she had the best boyfriend in the world. The only thing out of place was Maddy.

Baby despised how quickly Maddy's mood could change depending on how Nate acted. She hated how he took up every crevice of Maddy's mind. Baby had never been a violent individual, but deep down, thinking about Nate touching Maddy, made her want to kill him. She would never admit it to anyone. She still believed she had some liking for the psychotic young man. But she knew she would kill him without a second thought if she could.

Baby feared that the shift was going to last forever, so she was going to do everything she could to stop it.

When she wasn't spending time with Andy, she didn't leave Maddy's side. There were only a few nights a week that they actually slept at their homes. Jessica started making more food than usual after a few nights of Maddy staying over.

On top of all of that, those deep feelings for Maddy started to spill over again. This was arguably the worst time for Baby to be reminded of how she felt. She wanted nothing more than to be just friends with Maddy. She didn't want to feel like she was in love with her best friend. She didn't even want to say that it was love. She loved Andy but this feeling for Maddy? It was so much more. It was stronger. She felt it deep in her core. Every part of her craved every part of Maddy. She worried every second of the day. Days didn't seem complete if Maddy wasn't in it. It was scary how much she cared about the older girl.

That's why she didn't want to think about it.

So she pushed it away.

And then it started to boil over, as it always tends to do.

"I'm going to see Nate tonight," Maddy said.

Baby's stomach flipped and her skin crawled. So much for doing homework.

"Why?"

The raven haired girl looked down at her hands that picked at the loose strings of her sweatshirt. "I miss him."

Baby turned in her seat, looking at Maddy who was sitting on her bed. She knew what she wanted to say. She knew deep down how she felt, but she couldn't deal with the implications of the truth. She promised she would believe Maddy no matter what she said. So she couldn't mention what Nate had "allegedly" done to her because Maddy said it didn't happen. And Baby had to believe that.