7

"Mom?"

the woman turned around as she was sitting on the sofa, holding a book in her hands and looking over her glasses over to the boy.

The kid sat down on the stairs, looking through the wooden railing at his mother.

"Can I play outside?"

The woman turned around again, opening her book again and sitting up straight.

"Ask your father.", she only answered, not really interested.

The brunette stood up from the stairs, walking slowly out of the house, going to the garage, where a man stood and had opened the clap of an old american car, checking something on the motor. The boy leaned against the frame of the garage gate.

"Dad, can I play outside? Did you repair my bike too?", he added, looking at the tall, skinny and almost bald man.

"I will fix it later.", the man said, not even turning around to his son. The boy decided not to give up so easily though.

"But...you said that yesterday and the day before too... and last week...", he mumbled the last words, because he started regretting what he said, looking down at his leg as he rocked back and forth while leaning on the frame.

"I said I will fix it later.", suddenly the voice spoke in a harsh tone, making the father turn around and look at the kid with cold eyes.

The boy could feel the anger in his dad's voice, that's why he quickly truned around and left, visibly sad.

Around evening, the window of the room on the first floor opened and a shadow jumped out behind the bush that was in the garden, running away out on the street.

Reaching his goal, the boy took off his hood and was wearing a backpack, he then tippy toed, pressing the button of the house bell. There was only one light over the veranda, that protected the front door of the house from the rain.

After a while, a blonde woman opened the door and the kid greeted her politely, bowing.

"Good evening Mrs. Kim-Yun. I am Taesuk's friend, he invited me on a sleepover!", he told her while looking up at her. The woman was surprised and looked around.

"Oh really? And where are your parents? Did you come alone?", she then asked, kind of worried.

The boy nodded. 

"I don't live so far away.", he added in the end.

The woman invited him inside and called her son, who came downstairs, wearing a mickey mouse pajama and ran over to his friend.

"What are you doing here? My father will go crazy!", he whisper-yelled at the boy after going to the side so his mom won't hear.

But our brunette looked down and shook his head.

"I am sorry, it's just that I don't like it with my parents. Can I stay here with you?"

Taesuk looked over to his mom, that was in the kitchen corner, then back at the other, nodding.

"Fine, you can.", he said, giving the boy his hand. The smaller one took it and both ran upstairs, laughing.