25

Soon both men heard sirens of police cars. Taehyung looked around a little surprised. He had fully forgotten, that Jimin had given him few hours. Jungkook was busy to bring the children down while holding them. 

"Did you now bring the cops on me?", Jungkook asked him.

"No, I didn't! But I had a deal, to find evidence that you're innocent..."

Jungkook nodded, and as he picked up another kid and put him down, the cars stopped around them, the policemen coming out, getting out their weapons as they stay on their positions. Taehyung and Jungkook raised their hands and Taehyung saw Jimin and the boss walking over to him.

"The time is over as you see. I hope you can somehow bring Jeon out of prison."

Rodgers looked behind Taehyung with a frown. "Who are those children there?"

"Hudson's band has probably trafficked not only with weapons.", the lawyer answered quietly, looking to the ground. Jimin stared at the other while two other men arrested Jungkook, bringing him to the car. Before he got in, he met Taehyung's eyes one last second. 

"And the dead bodies?", Jimin asked as he had turned his head to the dead guard and to the old man in a suit with a hole in his head. 

But here Taehyung didn't say anything. He was somewhere else with his head. All of this became too much for him. He just wanted to go home.

The lieutenant turned Taehyung's head a little around. "Where did you hurt yourself?"

The male had some blood on his neck, but he had forgotten about it since the adrenaline was still holding him. But he didn't look at the man in front of him. 

"I fell."

~~~~~~~~

The hall was filled with people, including Jungkook on one of the benches, dressed in a suit. He was staring down, any light in his eyes dimmed off. He had already accepted his fate.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please stand up for Judge Suhyuk Gray.", a voice announced, everyone standing up before the judge came in with the black vast, holding a folder. "Thank you, please sit down.", he spoke and sat on his place. After the greeting and the presenting of the case they had to deal with and the main guilty Jeon Jungkook, suddenly the doors opened, making everyone turn around. 

"Dear Mr. Judge, with all my honor, I come up to defend prisoner Jeon Jungkook for all of his actions.", he announced and lifted up his head. 

Taehyung was standing here in his gray suit and with a black folder under his arm. He got some skeptical looks, there was some mumbling in the crowd. The judge stared at Taehyung for a while, before pointing at the place next to Jungkook with his hand. "Then sit down, Mr. Kim."

The lawyer walked over to Jungkook, that was looking at him in slight surprise, but he didn't say anything even after Taehyung sat next to him on the bench. 

Around the end of all this, Taehyung presented his evidences, by reading them out aloud.

"So that's why, my honor, Mr. David Hudson was found and arrested for child trafficking, selling weapons with connections from Mexico and drugs. Furthermore, murders of clients, band members and women. The operation was ruled by Mr. Victor Rosokovski, a polish businessman, that has multiple hotels and other accommodations in China, Pakistan, Mexico, USA and South Korea. Those were used for storehouses. Recently, he was accused in money laundering, but came out of prison four years ago, the time where my client Jeon Jungkook was offered to join David Hudson.  
Regarding Jeon Jungkook, grown up in a foster family without care and love. We've found evidence, that his foster father was shoot by the mother for cheating and having a child with a woman in America, the child is Mr. Jeon's non biological sister.", he stopped and walked over to the judge, putting the three sheets in front of him with the evidence. The man pulled on his glasses, scanning the text, before leaning back again, looking at Taehyung.

"Please continue."

Taehyung nodded, before doing so.

"After my client has joined the band, there are no witness and victims of Hudson's acts, that confirm that they've ever seen Jungkook. So that's why we think, that he was accused on purpose for things, that he has never done. In terms of the daughter of the hotel manager, as we already know, the manager was Mr. Victor Rosokovski and Melina Rosokovski is obviously his daughter. Turns out, my client Mr. Jeon Jungkook was not in the hotel at the time he was accused to be when he has 'raped' Miss Rosokovski. We have also taken the video recordings of the bar that I can show you.", the lawyer stopped again, pulling out another sheet, putting it in front of the judge. It contained photos of the time and of three different angles of the bar, but nowhere is Jungkook to be seen. They were black and white and showed the time and the date. Taehyung pointed at a signature. "Those are originals of the owner of the bar so you don't think, that they're faked. And if this is not enough, I've got a video on a USB stick of the recordings, that I can show in the end if you'd like to."

Then he continued. 

"We strongly believe, that Jeon Jungkook has not done any of the written crimes and that he was used by Mr. Hudson and Mr. Rosokovski. We have found the weapon, that was used against the listed people that have been killed and we looked for finger prints. All of them were property of the one guard of Mr. Hudson Mr. Hemmstein, his right hand. There were no finger prints found, that match the ones of my client. And last, but not last, about the murders near the cole factory from the Korean war.", he made a break as he threw a glance to Jungkook, that was listening, and frowned now a little. Taehyung suddenly felt how his breathing slowed down.

His ears started to pitch, his head spinned and he heard his own heartbeat. Suddenly, he became nervous. While trying to protect Jungkook, he suddenly remembered, that he was in front of a lot of people and talked. And he had a big problem with this. Not once would he have collapsed in school when he was presenting something.

But he somehow learned with the time to forget, that there were people around him as he fully concentrated into what he had to present, imagining the scenario realistically. Now he remembered due to making this break.

He stared at the sheet, when everything became like a slow motion for him. He heard a muted voice say something, but he didn't understand what. It took him some seconds to try to calm down before he heard his name again, now clearly.

"Mr. Kim? Are you alright?", the judge asked the other, visibly a little worried. And with a good reason, Taehyung was all white in the face.

But he blinked as he looked up at the judge, switching back to reality. Yes, he almost forgot what he was here for. "Y-yes, My honor. I apologize. "

"Are you sure? You seem unhealthy white."

"Yes, I am sure. Thank you, now if I may finish.", he cleared his throat, swallowing as he looked down at his papers again, feeling Jungkook's gaze on himself. He hoped so much, that the other won't be disappointed by him. This was his first official case, it would be a shame if he messed up. He wouldn't have any sleep at night if he brought an innocent person in prison. He had to concentrate.

 "It is no lie, that Mr. Jeon has killed the guards and Mr. Rosokovski with the gun that we've brought you before we begun. But the reason for it, was self defense and defense of a civilian."

People in the hall started suddenly to mumble something, making the judge slam with the hammer. "I ask for silence!"

After a while, the audience calmed down. "You may proceed.", the judge then brought Taehyung again to word. "Thank you, my honor. As mentioned before, the act was caused by self defense."

"I am sorry to interrupt you, but do you have this civilian as a witness of the murders?", suddenly the judge leaned forward a little, looking at Taehyung. The lawyer had begged for this not to be asked. He was really embarrassed, but he had to say it. "It was me, my honor."

Mr. Grey frowned a little, tilting his head. "You?"

The lawyer avoided the eye contact. "Yes, it was me, but may I finish?", he asked a little worried. The judge leaned back again in his seat, making a sign that he can. 

"I was a witness myself. But neither my client, nor I did know that this will happen."

"Is this true, Mr. Jeon?", Mr. Gray turned to the prisoner. He immediately stood up, looking around since he didn't expect this to come. "Remember, you are under oath.", the judge reminded him. Jungkook nodded after a while. "Yes, it is true, my honor. Mr. Kim was just walking by."

There was silence in the hall. Taehyung became nervous what will happen next. "You may resume your seat.", Mr. Gray ordered Jungkook, turning to the lawyer again. Taehyung felt some sweat on his forehead, wiping it with his sleeve quickly. "It is true, that my client was in the factory, where Hudson was, but let's not forget, that with his help the police found out about the children, that were in the truck, owned by Mr. Hudson. One of his armed guards happened to be behind me, so Jeon Jungkook shoot at him to protect me. In the hand of Mr. Rosokovski was a weapon as well. So we do not agree, that he should be punished for this acts, after being in prison for a year for something he has not done.", and with this, Taehyung closed his folder, showing that he is done. 

The judge let out a breath before wiping his face as he was thinking. "We will continue after 15 minutes again.", he then announced, standing up and taking all his things, going out. The people started talking and going out already, and Taehyung turned over to Jungkook, that was looking at him.

Did he mess up?